Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Elite Canuck,multiple ifs offender,, and musky maniac,, i wheel and i fish,,
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xls,96 xl,91,08 Ranger
Okay as a few already know, i picked up a 1990 XLT Ext Cab , 4x4, Ranger,
and have started working on it already, i am in the middle of doing all the front brakes, and rotors, and i also have to do the passenger side drive axle in front, both u joints are wasted real bad,

so, i will start this as my build thread and put in the things that i do to it to make it what it can be,

things i am contemplating are, , lift kit, tube bumpers, a roll bar, and maybe a set of 35's and gearing for them

the truck is a 2.9 l, 5 speed with electric t case, it has all the options except somebdy has taken off the pump for the air conditioning, which i don't really care about anyways as long as the heat works,,

so i will be posting in here on an as worked on basis , to show what i am doing with this truck,,

parts are kind of the same as 1st gen Ex's, so i will be able to find most of what i need right here on EF,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

things i am contemplating are, , lift kit, tube bumpers, a roll bar, and maybe a set of 35's and gearing for them

Do it.

There, that settles that. Contemplation over.

k, that settles that, k, bought a lift kit, getting help to get it here,, form a good friend,,

thanks to them , they know who they are,,

okay this is what the brake on the drivers side looked like,, guess the maintenance on this truck is gonna change for the better , got all new rotors, and pads and a caliper , right away,

Attachments

• ranger 1.jpg
    ranger 1.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 313

judging by the overextended caliper, that was leaking for who knows how long, i would say , hmmm not really,

Attachments

• ranger 2.jpg
    ranger 2.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 274

..Can you add a full pic of the Ranger in all it's glory when you got it???

...And that has to be the ugliest brakes I have ever seen...:eek:

there are more of it there, it's a bit rough, but it cost me $100 , so it is all good,, fix a few things wheel the heck out of it,

...I like the Rangers rough...The price tag was a steal...Nice find...:biggthump

got a few things that i like though, manual hubs for 1, and don't have to worry about scratching it,,

Back