Eddie bauer with out running board | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Eddie bauer with out running board

RoughKnight

Reaction score
City, State
Gowanda
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 xls (R.I.P.)
i am looking into getting a 2nd gen eddie, but i hate the look of the running boards on it. Does anyone have pics of an eddie with out them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It will look unfinished- the bottoms of the fender flares will be open, and the bottom of the truck will have holes across the rockers. You can remove the flares, but then you'll have holes all the way from front to back on the fenders, bottoms, and rear quarters...

Unfinished is a nice way of saying it. I live in sort of an "urban area" and have seen those junkers running around missing a running board or are 14 different colors and the best description for the look is "Clapped Out"

thanks for the replies :) i thought it might looks a lil fugly with out running boards. does the eb have the option of not running board but the plastic rockers like on the xlts??

Not the best pics but i think this is what you are looking for.

6672010004_large.jpg

6672010001_large.jpg

6672010005_large.jpg

It would not be to difficult to go to the local junk yard and get the ground effects off of a explorer that did not come with the running boards and put them on a eddie.

Like these:
1b3a7235.jpg

I honestly hate the fugly flares that go around the wheel wells.

If you put that type of tupperwear, they wouldnt match the fender flairs. If you remove the flairs, you have a bunch of holes in your fender to deal with. If you dont like the flairs or the running boards, might be more trouble than it is worth to pick up an Eddie.

Some EB's were built without the running boards, but i think they are pretty rare, i dont see them often.

rhyno your eb is exactly what i was lookin for! :) if i found one like yours say in a junk yard could i do a swap with the running boards or are the bolt holes different?

Are you asking if you could swap running boards for regular tupperwear from an eddie without the running boards? I think the holes are the same, but not 100% sure. Mine just has them removed and the holes plugged up.

Back