Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 77 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Some eye candy

i need blacked corners!!

:eek: Holy crap! :eek:

That thing looks amazing with the caps done!! How is the paint on the rims holding up?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sleb...the ball joints are at a crazy extreme angle but as long as you get the moog ball joints no one has had problems ... As long as you don't get crazy ... Do you off road? And yes its crazy stiff but as it will be with new struts ball joints spacers and mud tires ... If you're worried about ball joints get a smaller lift or go with btf upper a arms ... But I was talking about your tail lights ... Where did ya get em?

:eek: Holy crap! :eek:

That thing looks amazing with the caps done!! How is the paint on the rims holding up?

thanks man i was surprised that the rims were in perfect condition no signs of wear or fading.

I saw this today and it made me smile when I saw it. I had to pull over to take a picture. :)

03-13-11_1322.jpg

The driver was actually speeding a little bit, and accelerated fast from the intersection in the photo. It had the original factory 1.5" trailer hitch with a full size hitch bolted directly below that was in use. So it did not have the towing package.

wow that is crazy! exp with the 4.0l.... thought for sure you would need the 4.6l and the 3.73!

I know what im taking camping next time! :D

New guy here. Been reading forums but never posted, tons of good info here and a lot of nice Xs out there. So heres my 2003 XLT with 115K on her. Nothing special really has Magnaflow catback, LED converted, 6k HID headlights and 3K fogs, black headlights and corners, Billet grille powder coated black, and K&N air filter. Like most people with 3rd Gens had the rear spring issue so replaced all corners with the strut tek quick stuts which I highly recommend. Also as you can see have the crack on rear hatch.

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

New guy here. Been reading forums but never posted, tons of good info here and a lot of nice Xs out there. So heres my 2003 XLT with 115K on her. Nothing special really has Magnaflow catback, LED converted, 6k HID headlights and 3K fogs, black headlights and corners, Billet grille powder coated black, and K&N air filter. Like most people with 3rd Gens had the rear spring issue so replaced all corners with the strut tek quick stuts which I highly recommend. Also as you can see have the crack on rear hatch.

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

Welcome aboard! :salute:

Nice looking Ex. How do you get away without having the front plate?

Thanks and Semper Fi :salute: I dont know never been an issue never had one on my mustang either.

The green plate is the last one that only required a rear plate. Looks like you have the red, white, & blue plate. They don't give you any crap when you get it inspected?

The green plate is the last one that only required a rear plate. Looks like you have the red, white, & blue plate. They don't give you any crap when you get it inspected?

Yes I do have red white and blue plate, and I have a friend do my inspections. I have the front plate and hardware in my Ex incase I ever need it but so far no problems.

Yes I do have red white and blue plate, and I have a friend do my inspections. I have the front plate and hardware in my Ex incase I ever need it but so far no problems.

Good deal. What part of mass are you from?

@Bigrondo got a quesiton for you.....did you ever get around to installing the struttek's in the front? Im in the market for some and was wondering if the back settled down at all. My ride is getting a little bouncy and rough on bumps, and i would like to do the front and the back at the same time

@Bigrondo got a quesiton for you.....did you ever get around to installing the struttek's in the front? Im in the market for some and was wondering if the back settled down at all. My ride is getting a little bouncy and rough on bumps, and i would like to do the front and the back at the same time

I did front and rear stutteks and I highly recommend them. Rides like new now.

I did front and rear stutteks and I highly recommend them. Rides like new now.

How much height was added? do you have pics? and how much did all 4 run you lol...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back