Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 78 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Completely stock '04 xlt 4.0 4x4. Just picked her up Saturday.

HPIM8538.jpg

Nice!
Is it black? if it is its the twin of mine:D

The only exterior difference is my wheels. I found a deal on some limited rims with tires I could not refuse as I was in the market for tires anyway.

2ExplorerWheelsAfter.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Could only wish it was it was black. Aspen green.With 48K on the odometer & the price I paid I wasn't real picky.

Look's fantastic mate:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

looks awesome man! what size terra grapplers are those? the look sweet! :thumbsup:

Tyler-Looking great man!!! I was about to post up those pictures you sent me because I've been waiting FOREVER!!! Whenever I get my rear bearings changed out so I can drive again, we'll meet up for some pictures:D Keep up the good work;)

to fedyfedz, how did you take the bearing covers off? or whatever they are called haha

to fedyfedz, how did you take the bearing covers off? or whatever they are called haha

ahahah there the center hub caps that cover the lug nuts there is a little opening still a flat head in there and pry off.

haha ok thanks man. what kind of paint did you use? anything special?

New guy here. Been reading forums but never posted, tons of good info here and a lot of nice Xs out there. So heres my 2003 XLT with 115K on her. Nothing special really has Magnaflow catback, LED converted, 6k HID headlights and 3K fogs, black headlights and corners, Billet grille powder coated black, and K&N air filter. Like most people with 3rd Gens had the rear spring issue so replaced all corners with the strut tek quick stuts which I highly recommend. Also as you can see have the crack on rear hatch.

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

Really like the blacked out billet grill!! I would like to do that to mine too. Keep up the great work!!

Really like the blacked out billet grill!! I would like to do that to mine too. Keep up the great work!!

I agree. Nice work. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Awesome! So it can be done over the differential... Ive got to find a shop here that can do that

Thanks! :thumbsup:

np...all i can tell you is that it wont be cheap...i paid $750 for the original setup..luckily my brother is a welder and got him to do the new setup for free.

Thanks, got the 4 piece grille from ebay for $120 shipped, sellers name was motors_zone. Mine was polished aluminum but I powder coated it black. The ebay seller wanted pics of it after install because they are gonna start selling them that way and they are using my Ex as the picture for the grille. So keep an eye out for them.

What Size tires are those? and Did you spray paint those rims?

New guy here first post! Not to sure if I want to invest money in my Exploder all the way and run it into the ground or buy new vehicle but I'm leaning towards running it into the ground. I would like make additions some additions, intake, HALOs, exhaust, tires, and maybe a lift. Would like to know what the max tire size would be without a lift and no rubbing. And if I do get a lift what should I make sure to be replaced so that the lift is secure.

Only thing I've done was put 5 on the windows all around and some cheap head light covers.
mailgooglecom.jpg

1.jpg

Yes I painted the rims last year, the tires that im running now are 255/70/16 general grabber a/t 2's the max you can go without a lift is 265's...not sure about the lift question

took rims off power-washed, sanded, cleaned with alcohol, masked off, 2 coats of satin black on front and back, then 2 coats of gloss black, then 2 coats of uv resistant clear coat. and plenty of time between coats and drying time

I might have to check that out when I'm ready to buy - Thanks!!

Seanc - What size rims are those? They look nice! Did you use Ground Force to lower it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I might have to check that out when I'm ready to buy - Thanks!!

Seanc - What size rims are those? They look nice! Did you use Ground Force to lower it?

There 20x8.5 and it is the ground force kit...it didn't drop the back as far as I thought but I think it looks alright with a little rake

Back