Ready for clear headlights? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FL.Cracker

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Sport 4x4
I was, so I did some surfing on ebay and came across these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-9...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4157e3b169

Originally I purchased them from one ebay seller who was unable to deliver them after about a month went by. So I had to have them refund me and I ended up purchasing them through the ebay seller mnmmotorsports. I was getting worried that they were going to scam me when I was not provided with a tracking number and communication with the seller was hard, to say the least.

Well after 13 days they have arrived and they look awesome!:thumbsup:
They arrived well packed!
Headlights1.jpg

Box in a box
Headlights2.jpg

Headlights3.jpg

Headlights5.jpg

I was worried that the quality of these would be less than desirable but they seem to made quite well.
If anyone else has these let me know what you think of them and if there is anything I should look out for when installing. As far as I know I'm the only one that has gotten them so far.:cool::D
I will be installing tomorrow and I'll be sure to post up some pics and any tips.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Like any of the aftermarket lights, I would probably run a bead of silicone around the seam just to be sure they're sealed up nicely...

Like any of the aftermarket lights, I would probably run a bead of silicone around the seam just to be sure they're sealed up nicely...

Great advice, will do thanks!

Post beam pics ASAP

Pics....

I was debating getting these too. But I really don't like the LED strip look. I got regular headlights instead.

Let us all know how they preform. I was looking into getting a set as I like the way they look and need better light quality than my old explorer lights. Please post pics. That is a good price also alot of people I saw selling those style want like $250.

o i know they are different,it was just to the comment of the other style being $250.we need pics

Alright well their in.
Headlights_installed.jpg

Headlights_installed2.jpg

Headlights_installed3.jpg

The install went very well. I haven't hooked up the led's yet because the only headlight bulbs I have are warm white and the led's are cool white so it looks pretty bad. I'll be sure to post back when I get them hooked up with some new bulbs (possibly Bi-xenon HID's).

Given the colors of your X the black version would have looked better I think. Also don't like the gap at the top.

That is the same gap you have on stock headlights....

NEEDS BEAM PICS NAOW!!!

The color of my X will be changing soon anyway and I didn't like the finish of the black they use, but thanks.
Find is right...same gap just looks bigger in the pic.

Now you just need some 22's to go with the lights. Sorry but they are to blingy/ricey for taste.

Now you just need some 22's to go with the lights. Sorry but they are to blingy/ricey for taste.

Hell no Dan! They do look kind of "blingy" but the truck desperately needed an updated look from the old yellows and the market doesn't give us much to work with. Sorry you don't like 'em but they do work much better. This truck is still very much a work in progress and you know how the saying goes, opinions are like ASSHOLES;).

My camera really sucks at night but here is best I could do.
Headlights_installed4.jpg

No, I mean beamshots, like pics of your beam pattern against a wall and on roads.

Hell no Dan! They do look kind of "blingy" but the truck desperately needed an updated look from the old yellows and the market doesn't give us much to work with. Sorry you don't like 'em but they do work much better. This truck is still very much a work in progress and you know how the saying goes, opinions are like ASSHOLES;).

Yep and I'm a big one. Just ask my wife :D

I think what I dislike most is the LED lights. If they didn't have those they would look pretty good.

Yeah my wife would say the same about me Dan. I'm not too fond of the led's as well but it is what it is.

Find, I'll have to get those beam pics up tomorrow once they are adjusted.

Thanks for the honest comments guys. Best regards, James

If your happy, that's what matters.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I haven't had time to mess with adjusting them yet and I still have the old bulbs in, which have clouded spots on the glass pretty bad, but you get the idea from the pics. I'll post more pics when I get new bulbs.
@ 25-30ft.
Headlight_spot_pattern1.jpg

@ 8-10ft
Headlight_spot_pattern2.jpg

Back