• Register Today It's free!

Projector Retrofit

Tylers02

Reaction score
City, State
Overland Park, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Limited
Started this project several months ago but it took me a while to get all the parts and haven't had much time to work on it. Anyway, im using Lexus RX-330 AFS projectors, Lexus/Denso Ballasts, and Philips 4300K D2S Bulbs. Still not done with the build and I have already posted most of these pictures but i thought I would start my own thread in case any one had questions or comments.

Projector
DSC_0849.jpg

Ballast
DSCN1076.jpg

Where I mounted driver side ballast(behind the battery)
DSCN1124.jpg

Headlight(keep in mind these are all in progress pictures)
DSCN1145.jpg

DSCN1149.jpg

DSCN1150.jpg

DSCN1146.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

DSCN1128.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When do you think you'll have it finished?

they look awesome bro ... just wish i had the know how to do this ... i looked at halos but it just cost to f'n much :(

Meh, looks like chit. When you get them finished, I will come over and give you my stockers for those...

JK man! Can't wait to see how bright they are. We'll get together when you're finished for a night shoot and compare them:D

Lookin shaaaweet. Mine are just about to get started except im using the morimoto minis. Cant wait to see the final pics

i know this is an old tread but just wanted to know if you finished your project? i am planning on tackling this same project...... looks good and will definitely stand out from the rest :D

i know this is an old tread but just wanted to know if you finished your project? i am planning on tackling this same project...... looks good and will definitely stand out from the rest :D

That's funny, I was thinking about this today and wanted to ask the same thing. Tyler used to live near me, but has moved to California so I don't get to talk with him much anymore:(

Sorry guys I have been crazy busy with life and trying to start some new business ventures. Also like Joel said I made the move from KS back to Cali so I have had no time to do anything to the Ex except fix it when it keeps breaking down, which seems to be happening way too often. The driver side is finished and sitting lonely on my work bench waiting to be installed, ballast are mounted and wired so its plug and play once I finish the passenger light. I ruined one shroud so had to order another set from TRS and wasnt happy with the "cover plate" I had made for the passenger side so I rebuilt one out of fiberglass. Should actually have time to finish them today, Ill try and get some night pictures tonight but tomorrow at the latest.

any chance you can take pics of the back of the headlight housing?? thanks:thumbsup:

is cutting involved? I think I'd like to do this

Definitely my next project, just need to figure out how to do it! A short little "how to" write up would be awesome!

I sent him a text so hopefully he'll get back. Still waiting to see some night shots...

Sorry for lagging ive had some pretty drastic changes in my life, and not for the good. Ive been running the lights for 3 or so months with zero problems. I still have some slight adjutment but i will try and get detail
pictures tommow.

Sorry for lagging ive had some pretty drastic changes in my life, and not for the good. Ive been running the lights for 3 or so months with zero problems. I still have some slight adjutment but i will try and get detail
pictures tommow.

YOU ARE ALIVE!!!

Sorry to hear things aren't going so well. Keep at it and things will look up;)

did u get the pics

Are the headlights the same as a sport trac

Back