Pics 4" lift!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pics 4" lift!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great job. Can't wait till it's complete. Gonna look good

now that is sexy my friend ... like the bumpers also ... are you going to fab bumpers as well as lift?

Wow it looks great man, I also really like the look of that rear bumper. The front bumper with just a bit of metal under the front lights is an idea I had awhile ago but It looks ever better actually done than in my head.

Here are some of the pictures from the album he posted.

IMGA0161.jpg

IMGA0160-1.jpg

IMGA0165.jpg

IMGA0164.jpg

Holy crap that looks awesome! so when are you going to start selling kits? :D

Fantastic Rupert, hell sweet!

That all looks cool, but the whole spacer for the ball joint looks kind of scary as in a failure point when you are wheeling but that is my opinion only. I would at least suggest getting top brand UCA's like MOOG for your application.

Edit: Figured I better add that I'm not criticizing your work, just something to think about.

your concerns are legitimate but keep in mind this is proto type 1, modifications in future are expected but time is needed. For production phase, time is needed also I am joining the U.S. coastguard in july and I do not have enough time. I will keep everyone posted. Thank you

p.s. I take constructive criticism and I build on it. I didnt get anything right the first time.

give me a call if you have any questions or just need advise (850)686-9705 this is a temporary phone so you have 10 days Thank You.

Wow! Looks awesome Rupert! Those front and rear bumpers are wicked!!

Looks like a decent kit! I'd suggest a strut bar or some kind of brace coming from the rear lower arm mount area back to the frame to help with the added leverage made by dropping everything down. All in all though, it looks pretty good for a street/weekend trail cruising kit.

That's a great setup and those bumpers are cool too.

It's so beautiful it brings tears to my eyes....(i wish I had the shop and equipment to do stuff like this)
Looks great I def couldn't visualize it without pics but looks great

looking good keep up good work

Kudos for trying BUT, the only way that is going to be safe (and legal in most states) is to have a custom pair of knuckles made!

Personally if I were to spend thousands on a "kit" I would pass on that and make my own link suspension with solid axles.

Kudos for trying BUT, the only way that is going to be safe (and legal in most states) is to have a custom pair of knuckles made!

Personally if I were to spend thousands on a "kit" I would pass on that and make my own link suspension with solid axles.

Trying as in you think hes done? he still hasnt gotten it on the road. Like he said before this is the first trial, also in my state we do not have inspections would pass just fine. But we do have bumper laws and that stuff but thats no drastic lift. yes the only thing that looks odd is the extension, but maybe he will test it and find it works great. By the looks it seems pretty beefy, we will only see with time. Hes done more then most on here would, i know a guy with a long travel explorer with king shocks that redid the mounts and kept the lower arm and what not.

Sorry if I over looked this, but can you take some pics of the rear suspension and differential of the truck?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my adress is ..... the check will be in the mail tomoro, red works for me too

lol

Back