• Register Today It's free!

02 ex with body lift

auburnfan138

Reaction score
City, State
Auburn,AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLS 4WD
hey guys... I finallly found time to upload some pics of the body lift i just had installed...The tires pictured are 265/75/16 bfg all terrains

DSC00105.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

DSC00102.jpg

DSC00101.jpg

what do you guys think? i have some 16" dc-1's black mounted on 285/75 dc mud countrys but im waiting on my spacers from roadbully before i put them on.

:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great, the DC-1's will make it. Who did the install?

Looks great, the DC-1's will make it. Who did the install?

local accessory shop called " truck stuff "...charged $575 for body lift, cold air intake, and mounting rims on tires....goin back when i get rb spacers and they're gonna put those in for $180

Nice!
Looks good. The side steps do a decent job of hiding the frame.

180 for Rb's spacers. Gotta say thats deff worth it.

Good job!!

Nice!
Looks good. The side steps do a decent job of hiding the frame.

180 for Rb's spacers. Gotta say thats deff worth it.

Good job!!

thanks spazz..have you been able to get your rb spacers in?

Looks good, you say that is a body lift? How were you able to retain your grill guard after the lift? Did you create new brackets for it? What about your back trailer hitch? How were you able to keep it hidden behind your bumper with the body lift?

Looks good, you say that is a body lift? How were you able to retain your grill guard after the lift? Did you create new brackets for it? What about your back trailer hitch? How were you able to keep it hidden behind your bumper with the body lift?

looks great,

yeah how were you able to keep the guard?

And is that the guard off ebay? cause if so im going to buy it.

looks like you need air in your tires lol.

that looks more like a suspension left more than a body lift. Did you mean to say body lift or a suspension left such as spacers on top your springs?

no the upper control arm is too level for spacers, and the frame sits too low

Oh I thought that was a stupid question on my part to ask, so I deleted it But since you quoted it I put it back.

I suppose you are right, the upper control arms are level. But when I look through the two lower notches in the front bumper cover where the guard mounts to the frame, I though I should see the frame right through the hole if it was a body lift, since the frame is right above the notches in the bumper cover while stock.

The back trailer hitch is still hidden quite well behind the bumper cover.

I didn't know that it was possible to keep your hitch hidden and your grill guard all on after a body lift without serious major modification and welding....

Oh I thought that was a stupid question on my part to ask, so I deleted it But since you quoted it I put it back.

I suppose you are right, the upper control arms are level. But when I look through the two lower notches in the front bumper cover where the guard mounts to the frame, I though I should see the frame right through the hole if it was a body lift, since the frame is right above the notches in the bumper cover while stock.

The back trailer hitch is still hidden quite well behind the bumper cover.

I didn't know that it was possible to keep your hitch hidden and your grill guard all on after a body lift without serious major modification and welding....

the bumper does look flipped

i really want to know what he did to make the guard work

Did you just buy the ranger bod lift and bring it in and show them this forum to show them how to put it on...or did you pretty much just come in with a truck full of toys and tell them to put these things on? lol
Looks AWESOME though!

it is a body lift....performance part 883

they had to fab up brackets to raise the brush guard 3inches...if needed ill climb under there tommorrow and take some pics for yall.

i told them about the rear bumper flip and it went on perfect...

the bumper does look flipped

i really want to know what he did to make the guard work

chris...the brush guard is a westin....i purchased it about 3 years ago the same time i got the taillight guards(taken off) and the nerf bars...basically all brush guards like that are the same...the westin, the manik, and the polar bear....westin is just a little more $$...is the one on ebay you speak of this one?wow thats a deal too bc i paid $450 just for the brush guard

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

looks good keep up good work

chris...the brush guard is a westin....i purchased it about 3 years ago the same time i got the taillight guards(taken off) and the nerf bars...basically all brush guards like that are the same...the westin, the manik, and the polar bear....westin is just a little more $$...is the one on ebay you speak of this one?wow thats a deal too bc i paid $450 just for the brush guard

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

yep thats what i was thinking of.

btw could you maybe get pics of the brackets they fabbed for you?

Thanks

Chris

(your x looks great cant wait to see it with wheels and the rb lift, i also like the brush guard.)

I noticed you siad cold air intake was installed.
Curious what kind?

Thanks

yep thats what i was thinking of.

btw could you maybe get pics of the brackets they fabbed for you?

Thanks

Chris

(your x looks great cant wait to see it with wheels and the rb lift, i also like the brush guard.)

ill throw those pics of the fabbed up brackets for you tommorrow about noon...id def recommend the brush guard...im gonna put two more kcs on the same peice they are on now...4 total across there...i think that would look good on your x. ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have A 1998 Explorer with a body and i bought a brush guard today. I am wondering if anybody has a picture of the brackets to make the brush guard work with the body lift.

PLEASE HELP

thanks

Back