City, State
TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 LTD
Hi Guys and Gals,

Anyway to change the color of the XLT grille to match the body color without
jumping to a Limited?

Many thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Negative. That is what separates the Ltd from the base and XLT. There will probably be an after market after awhile. But for now, just the Ltd's get the body colored grill.

get an ingot silver XLT and you'll have the matching grill ;)

explorer050511.jpg

explorer050511.jpg

I LOVE my Ingot Silver Ex....That color matched grille is a added bonus!

Hi Guys and Gals,

Anyway to change the color of the XLT grille to match the body color without
jumping to a Limited?

Many thanks,

I removed mine from the car. Separated the chrome from the grille. Took to the paint shop the dealer uses. Had them prep, spray adhesive primer, paint the exact car color and clearcoat. All for $175.00. Received it 24 hrs after drop off. Then reattached the chrome and installed it on my car. Saved thousands considering I didn't want or need a Limited.

I removed mine from the car. Separated the chrome from the grille. Took to the paint shop the dealer uses. Had them prep, spray adhesive primer, paint the exact car color and clearcoat. All for $175.00. Received it 24 hrs after drop off. Then reattached the chrome and installed it on my car. Saved thousands considering I didn't want or need a Limited.

Yep, that was what I would of suggested or if you could of found a LTD grille cheap then just swap out. It's not as hard as people think it is to make that simple change.

explorer050511.jpg

Exactly, we have the "poor man" version of the limited: ingot silver XLT:D

explorer050511.jpg

Get the black and it eliminates the front windshield post black adhesive applique

I painted the grille of my base model to look like the limited with a minor difference, used Matt black instead of Tuxedo black body Colour. Also got a black ford logo (overlay). Paint job cost $135. Black ford logo overlay set (front grille, steering wheel and back door) cost $40.

i know old thread but... has anyone else noticed seeing (non limited) ingot silver explorers with non matching grill (sterling grey i guess)?

i could have sworn i've seen a couple recently and wondering if ford did that on purpose now with the 2012+ to separate them from the Limited like the other colors. just thought it was interesting... still looked good though.

Exactly, we have the "poor man" version of the limited: ingot silver XLT:D

I painted the grille of my base model to look like the limited with a minor difference, used Matt black instead of Tuxedo black body Colour. Also got a black ford logo (overlay). Paint job cost $135. Black ford logo overlay set (front grille, steering wheel and back door) cost $40.

where did you get your Black ford logo overlay set?

Google it. There's numerous ways. From DIY to bodyshops

Back