2016 Explorer LImited - hate the grille | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Explorer LImited - hate the grille

Hey guys we are happy to announce the Sport Grille as a swap for those looking to change things up a bit

FB5Z-8200-BA%20black%20sports%20grille.jpg

FB5Z-8200-BA%20main.jpg

This is a Genuine Ford Part and Includes the emblem

More info can be found here http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-explorer-grille-black-sport-grille-p-4010.html

Thanks,
Benny

Will there ever be an option to replace with the platinum grille? I kind of doubt it but doesn't hurt to ask.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

^ Holy crap. Is it made of Platinum?

I bought a chrome overlay from Amazon. $115 with free shipping. Got it in 2 days. Looks really good. Also ordered chrome overlay for the fog lights. $45 with free shipping. Takes 2 weeks to get here. The fog light overlay link is wrong I don't know how to do the amazon site.

I bought a chrome overlay from Amazon. $115 with free shipping. Got it in 2 days. Looks really good. Also ordered chrome overlay for the fog lights. $45 with free shipping. Takes 2 weeks to get here. The fog light overlay link is wrong I don't know how to do the amazon site.

Do you have a picture of both installed?

Picked up my new Limited and had the dealership install the matching Sport grille.

2hs0w43.jpg

How much did the dealer charge you to do this? I'm looking at Explorers and one dealer here want to charge 1500 for the grill and installation.....

I have a '16 Explorer Limited in black/black on order. I hate the silver grilles on the '16s. I know it may be early but does anyone know where I could look for a new color-matched grille to put on? Would it be better to order after-market or just a replacement Sport grill from my Ford dealer?

I'm in your boat and really want a blacked out look. It's why i'm mulling over a 2016 sport vs a 2017 xlt with sport appearance.....Also considering a 2016 limited bc the price is way better but would like to know I have the option of blacking it out.

Personally I like the contrasting grille colour. It makes the rest of the vehicle stand out more. But that's my opinion. There are threads on blacking out grilles and several members have done that. You can find them using the 'Search' feature.

Peter

How much did the dealer charge you to do this? I'm looking at Explorers and one dealer here want to charge 1500 for the grill and installation.....
I bought the grille from a dealer for $500 and had an auto body shop install it for $200.

Back