Noisy ValveTrain-OHV...........Delta Rockers? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Noisy ValveTrain-OHV...........Delta Rockers?

i read somewhere that a good up grade for the i6 was to use the 351 Cleveland rollers rocker but cant find info on them and im tired of searching for today and my skins are about to play!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No email from classicinlines today either. Enjoy the game.

Hey a win is a win;);)

How do your Delta rockers look?

I just pulled mine, since I was dealing with an oil leak anyway.

I took a picture (Blurry, but you can see the damage) Look at the end of the rocker that contacts the valve. Notice the punch marks in the rockers?

So, is this the rockers, or are the push rods too long?

Attachments

• Winnipeg-20110816-00038.jpg
    Winnipeg-20110816-00038.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 255

That's just crapy rockers. They say they are heat treated but mine looked the same way after few miles

Ah, thanks!!! That makes me feel better.
I have a noisy lifter also. So much for the rebuilt lifters I installed. The oils pretty fresh. I guess the OHV is inclined to just be a noisy motor.

Yep it is.

The 200 ci inline 6's were used way back in the early/mid 60's to the early 80's...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Straight-6_engine#200

~Mark

OK, I just spent some time on the wikipedia link Mark provided, and Rock-Auto. Any make/year I pull up with the rock auto catalog with the 200cid L6 doesnt have rocker arms listed (Just the shaft, and end caps).

Anyone know of another on-line source for searching this and hopefully see an accurate picture and price?

Sure would like to see a picture of these:
http://www.kanter.com/p30-fon.html#fo18

MD Rocker arm 1965-83 (12) $8.00ea
Rocker shaft $50.00ea
Rocker arm assembly (please specify
with or without
adjustable rockers) $115.00ea

Sure would like to see a picture of these:
http://www.kanter.com/p30-fon.html#fo18

MD Rocker arm 1965-83 (12) $8.00ea
Rocker shaft $50.00ea
Rocker arm assembly (please specify
with or without
adjustable rockers) $115.00ea

humm yea i would to.was just looking for this thread when i got an email.did those other guys ever email you back?

No, I never did get a response. There is an email addy at Kanter.com though. I just havn't been able to email them. I can tomorrow though.

Sooooooooo, jd4242.............Do you have a head laying around? If we were to get a rocker assy, we would need someone with a head to see if they can be made to work.

Yep have two complete heads and rocker assembly and equipment to measure with

Here's a link with pictures of the rocker assy's
http://mmb.maverick.to/showthread.php?t=78573

I see we would not use full assy's, just the Rockers themselves.

Now, how can the ratio change on the rocker assy unless you are able to move the rod a little bit that the rockers mount to? I'm not understanding.

Those are not roller rockers though.that's what i really want.it just changes the ratio of the arm.creates more lift with less lift of the pushrod .but they would have to be patterned to see what size pushrod is needed and if they stay it a good contact area on the valve tip.being adjustable would help alot ..big PIA to get them right.i would like to get a set of 1.8 roller adjustable ones ;)now that would be sick.with the 422 cam that thing would sound mean as hell

We need to also search and see what type of pushrod those motors use.like tip size and type and if they use a oil hole rod.

Did we have another thread somewhere?what ever happened with this.im getting to the point of switch mine out so.

Sooooooooo, jd4242.............Do you have a head laying around? If we were to get a rocker assy, we would need someone with a head to see if they can be made to work.
i have 2 spare heads. just the heads. i threw away my old springs and valves. 90/93 tm.

We need to also search and see what type of pushrod those motors use.like tip size and type and if they use a oil hole rod.
for the rollers? or what out engines use stock? if so i still have the papers with the info

jd, get the sealed powers when you supercharge it. easy access while youre doing that.
dono, not sure if you did or not, if you dont have them, get them.

i have 2 spare heads. just the heads. i threw away my old springs and valves. 90/93 tm.

for the rollers? or what out engines use stock? if so i still have the papers with the info

jd, get the sealed powers when you supercharge it. easy access while youre doing that.
dono, not sure if you did or not, if you dont have them, get them.

for both.i think i may just try and run these.i sent them an email to ask if they can sell them without the shaft so we shall see.im pretty sure we had another thread somewhere and got some emails back from some people but i cant seem to find them anywhere
http://www.classicinlines.com/proddetail.asp?prod=RAS-200-NRA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ill find my papers for the stock ones then. no idea what the rollers would take. if anything, stock one one end and whatever you want for the roller end. that just means youd have to put them in a certain way for em to work right.

that looks like a set for an inline/straight 6? without the rest, maybe $90? i still stand by my sealed powers, my lifters are my problem

Back