dblake79

Reaction score
City, State
Florissant Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport SAS :)
So I am getting ready for the swap...
List of parts I am looking for :D

1. I have the manual WB 1354 T-Case need shift linkage anyone have one?
2. Been trying to find a Stubler 1354 doubler... they go out of business?

Anyone have one of these please PM or post here...
Man just a update: It's been a few years from being on here, and a year not driving the X. right after I started getting the parts together for this my older sister passed away, been taking care of her three boy for the last two years and have not put any time into this truck, parked it a year ago and got a 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 and used it for work and still planed for this to get a axle at some point. Well I got married about 8 months ago and the wifes car died :( then it was time to get this thing up and running again, so bad news was my wife would get the Tacoma... hehe and the GOOD news is I am getting to SAS my Explorer and it will be my daily driver - she doesn't like driving stick...

So I am back on the forum and soon will have a truck to go play with again!! I can't wait to make a SAS Registry

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Grem stopped building the stubler i believe. He may have something laying around or have a line on one but i haven't heard (he's in my club). Shoot him an email or something. Good luck

Well you will diffinately have to pic ***** it as the progress starts till it ends. Good luck on it, and I thought my life was hard the past several yrs with my health, but hate to have been in your shoes also.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

:) all I know is my brother and I are looking forward to this build! It will be fun to do something a little different than what we usually do.

Brandon, are you going to keep us up to snuff by posting pics and with your progress on the guinea pig?

Brandon, are you going to keep us up to snuff by posting pics and with your progress on the guinea pig?

If dan can take the pictures I send him via my phone and post them up, then yes... The only "online access" I have is on my phone. I'm a bit of a caveman and pretty much just live in the garage, haha.

If dan can take the pictures I send him via my phone and post them up, then yes... The only "online access" I have is on my phone. I'm a bit of a caveman and pretty much just live in the garage, haha.

Oh Yeah I can confirm this!! when I get pic they WILL end up here were else am I going to get photos for the SAS Registry? LOL :salute:

Oh Yeah I can confirm this!! when I get pic they WILL end up here were else am I going to get photos for the SAS Registry? LOL :salute:

:biggthump:popcorn:

:biggthump:popcorn:

Hey man thank you for your service to our country, and us :salute:
I hope the rehab is going good for you, a lot of respect man, I have a lot of family in the service or have served :usa: and there will be pic's!

I am a DSA or state inspector for schools and taking my next license test on Jun 6th, so not doing much until I take that, then as soon as Brandon is ready at the shop for it then it will be on its way to a new life as a 4x4 :D but I would say about two weeks out from now? maybe a little sooner....

Hey man thank you for your service to our country, and us :salute:
I hope the rehab is going good for you, a lot of respect man, I have a lot of family in the service or have served :usa: and there will be pic's!

I am a DSA or state inspector for schools and taking my next license test on Jun 6th, so not doing much until I take that, then as soon as Brandon is ready at the shop for it then it will be on its way to a new life as a 4x4 :D but I would say about two weeks out from now? maybe a little sooner....

Thanks, I have been out of the service after 14.5 yrs since 2004 mid yr, but was in and out of hospital with 2 brain surgeries. Then last month I was healthy enough to have cervical fusion in two areas fusing a total of 4 vertibrea together, and then in 10-12 months down the road I will have another surgery in my thorasaic area of my spine, and then one more in my lumbar area, so 4 in total on the spine. The brain is doing good so far, people still say I have the I am a A**hole mentality in tact, so that is a good thing. :D Still have a lession in my frontal lobe area that I have to get a MRI every 90-120 days or so for swelling from water build up. That causes my seizures here and there. But over all I am thankful to be in one piece. :salute:

Well sounds like it will be going to the shop the weekend after the 4th of July :D man looking forward to some pic updates soon!!! will keep you all posted as the work is done :thumbsup:

sounds like this will be a sweet conversion! subscribed... by the way what are you gonna do with your spindles? also kinda questioning why they wont work on a 12" rotor?

Grem stopped building the stubler i believe. He may have something laying around or have a line on one but i haven't heard (he's in my club). Shoot him an email or something. Good luck

Hey, I PM'ed him with no response, you said he is in your club?? Is there any way you could ask him? don't think he has been on this forum for so time! any help would be great as we are getting closer to the project and do not want to make drive lines twice if I don't have to.

PM me and I can share contact info :D

sounds like this will be a sweet conversion! subscribed... by the way what are you gonna do with your spindles? also kinda questioning why they wont work on a 12" rotor?

OK hope the pdf attached right? but if I remember right FabTech removed the Explorer from the list of trucks that this fits: 1 the Ranger Edge has bigger ball joints the the standard Explorer( unless you have a Tow Package) and the Explorer also comes with 10.25" rotors standard and the Tow Package has the 11.5" Rotors. So a lot of people were buying the kit and it would not fit due to different size parts on different Explorers, so they pulled it from the list. To make sure when I got my kit I also ordered a new 1 piece upper A-Arm kit from the Ranger to make sure I had the right ball joints... I do have the Tow Package and the 11.5" Rotors already. I hope this helps, in my photo's in my profile I have some pic's of them installed - NOTE look at Item #6 in the installation instructions you have to grind off the outer 1/4" of the lower A-Arm flange right at the ball joint, I followed this to a T, first time off-road I cracked both A-Arms at the line I grind-ed to, I had to weld a 1/4" plate over the crack.... Long story short if you want a lift to go around town this will work (after welding the plate on I have had no more problems off-road) If you are looking for something to go off-road and wheel hard in this will not work unless you plan ahead and do some plate or some reinforcement to the lower A-Arms, just a side note I build the rear-end of the truck with Deavers and 14" King shocks and had a spindle lift with Bilsteins up front : NOT A GOOD MIX I have replaced the front end 3 time all ball joints and at this point could have gone long travel along time ago with the money I spent... I didn't want to spend it in the first place in the front end because I planed on doing the solid axle from the start, we I drove it and went off-roading more them I planed to on the spindles and not to happy. This is why I am now going with the axle (Time to replace ball joints again)

Hope this answers some questions, like I said if you just want bigger tires and go camping or something then great OFF-ROAD trails don't think so.

Sorry can't attach the PDF but the instructions for the install are on the ranger edge on fabtech's website

So the Explorer got picked up on Saturday :D :D... just waiting on some pic updates, will post as soon as I get some!!!

:popcorn: :bdrunk: :popcorn:

Bump...
Dan: I broke my old phone, so call or text me when you see this so I have a number to send pics to.
So far, frame is all stripped of everything not needed, the Dana 44 is regard and limited slip installed. Weve got the steering box ready to install as well, we went with a chevy box from an older 4x4 blazer. Shocks are ready to pick up in a few days, and the radius arms are almost done at laser cut.

Pic Update

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_3426.jpg

IMG_5940.jpg

IMG_8755.jpg

well it has started just some teaser pic's will post some more soon and start the write up on all the work being done!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMG_9214.jpg

and the new steering box...

Back