Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 144 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Well, here's my new addition. Just picked it up two weeks ago.

2005 XLT 4x4 V8 AdvanceTrac RSC - 63k miles and according to the dealer it's in perfect condition. It's already had some of the common issues resolved (shift solenoid, blower motor) and I've thanks to this forum fixed the blend door actuator.

I picked it up for $12k otd at a dealer in town. I was actually looking for a small commuter gas saver but after seeing it and seeing that it had the 3rd row (we have 5 kids) it seemed like a good fit.

It has 20" Raceline wheels with Toyo Proxes ST II tires that are almost brand new. I'd rather switch out for some all terrains but I'll wait until these need replacing. It came with a bug deflector and window deflectors which I removed (they were in good shape, but I just like the cleaner look)

I just replaced the air filter with a K&N and I'm planning on changing out the front & rear diff, transfer case and tranny fluids in the near future. I've already found some great threads on these here!

My future plans include adding our Yakima basket rack, Flowmaster exhaust and changing out the stock 6cd changer for an aftermarket. But...all in good time.

I'm looking forward to our first trip with it up to Tahoe for Christmas!

photo-2.jpg

does is have strut spacers looks like it sits pretty level? nice looking truck

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

does is have strut spacers looks like it sits pretty level? nice looking truck

Thanks, and hmm, not sure about the spacers, how could I tell? I didn't get any info from the dealer on it but you're right, it does look level and may very well have them. I take it rear sag is an issue?

Thanks, and hmm, not sure about the spacers, how could I tell? I didn't get any info from the dealer on it but you're right, it does look level and may very well have them. I take it rear sag is an issue?

If you didn't install the spacers yourself, more than likely your truck doesn't have them. There's a chance the previous owner might have installed them, but again chances are slim.

This thread has good information on what the BTF Spacers look like before and after they are installed http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279667

Rather than sag in the rear, 3rd gens have a rake so the rear is higher. It can be leveled out with a spacer on top of the front coilspring.

spacers or not looks more level then my two 2002 explorers

Rather than sag in the rear, 3rd gens have a rake so the rear is higher. It can be leveled out with a spacer on top of the front coilspring.

Ah, interesting. I'm coming from a line of 4Runners where rear sag was always the issue. This is my first domestic 4x4 (unless you count the Chevy 350 I had in my 73 FJ40) and I've become quite a fan in the last couple weeks.

;)

IMAG0723.jpg

I regret not moving the outer lights further out, but I think they look okay. I'll get daytime pictures when I have another addition or two on her :D

well im still not sure that im gonna keep the bumper cover. but i did have to cut it to put lights on there are two that go on the hoop and two that go in to the triangle parts as well.

I regret not moving the outer lights further out, but I think they look okay. I'll get daytime pictures when I have another addition or two on her :D

Lights look great as is!

Pierce, love that vertical grill! Also the bumper bar kicks ass!

I put tires on today, still have to do my 1.5" body lift, and also will be putting on spacers here soon.
IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

I really like the look of your truck as it is, rangermidtn.

I really like the look of your truck as it is, rangermidtn.

Thanks. The reason I want to do the spacers is to get the frame a little higher, way to much rock here in TN when you go wheeling.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

way to much rock here in TN when you go wheeling.

Agreed, have you ever been out east to Windrock? That mountain is fun but every trail is covered in rock..

Back