• Register Today It's free!

Just finished my shock install

freezingbelow

Reaction score
City, State
Tyngsboro, Massachussets
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
Got my new ranchos in the other day and had time today si I figured id throw them in. I read up on them quite a bit before I ordered/installed the and I was dreading the rear because of everything I read. I have to say It wasnt anywhere near as difficult as I thought it would be. Picked up some stubby wrences and went at it. It was a bit tight and by no means am I a small guy but I honestly had no truble with the rear top nuts. Took me a little over 3 hours total.

Only problem I had was the center nut/bolt for the Evap Canister, The nut on the back snapped so I had to get up there with pliers while I took the bolt out, Oh and those damn rubber boots on the rear. Whose bright idea was it to leave them off. You would think they could put them on BEFORE the top monting brackets. Those took me an hour alone by themselves.

Anyways I'm happy. Took a quick ride and it seems to take the bumps much better. They were way overdue at 100k, the fronts barely had any pressure left in them and the rears were disinegrating.

New shackles go in maybe tomorrow, then to order the body lift and new wheels and have my 33's mounted and so on and so on.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't understand why so many people have had trouble with the rear shocks, either. I thought the hardest part was getting the rubber boots on. Glad you got it all finished up. Looking forward to your next updates. Got pictures?

Another lifted trac coming soon. Awesome. I think I'm the only trac lifted with mud terrain tires in my entire city. I get complainments all the time because it's just something people don't see often, or ever.

I know how it is, I barely see any stock Sport tracs, nevermind lifted. I'm sure i'll be on of few if any lifted tracs.

Another lifted trac coming soon. Awesome. I think I'm the only trac lifted with mud terrain tires in my entire city. I get complainments all the time because it's just something people don't see often, or ever.

I'm the same way with my truck. It's nice to get those compliments and it's always nice to say I switched to coilovers :)

i get a ton of compliments about my trac too. there are a few sport tracs running around where i live, but non of them are lifted or modded out like mine. since i covered over my ford emblems and i only have one emblem on the whole truck, most people flip out trying to figure out what kind of truck it is. the other day, my girlfriend took my truck to work and she said it was the talk of her office!

got any pics?!

posted these recently, but here they are again. ill have more snow pics at the end of the weekend since ill be heading up to tahoe for some snowboarding.

P1040866.jpg

P1040858.jpg

P1060008.jpg

P1060009.jpg

go tracs!

Back