Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 186 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

College Student said:
IMO its to high up, if those would sit lower like bolted to the roof i think they would look better

That's why I sat mine between the rails... It still looks kinda high at times, but I've got a hell of a lot of room up there now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just installed these and I'm working on the wiring...anyone care to guess where I put them?

6941585347_cfb0cd1507_z.jpg

got some new wheels for the X, next is the lift after i pay for my trip to mexico.

422068_3069903743966_1154761132_32629888_20416416_n.jpg

I like it. And yea its crying for a lift. Body lift or spacers?

I'm loving these tires :D

I'm a boat guy I couldn't resist posting that, they actually look like wranglers.

t1larg.texas.boat.jpb.jpg

its gonna get new struts and spacers

I'm riding 4 new strutteks and 2.0 and 1.5 btf spacers, also 1.5 body lift. That would look great on your Ex. Or just do one at a time. I did the bl first and had to wait another couple months to get everything else installed. The bl is cheap and should be able to hold you over for a while if you can't do the struts and spacers for a while.

Got the Gibson cat-back installed, sort of... as it is right now, its too long from the 3rd cat to the muffler and it rubs on the rear axle, spent the last 3 hours trying to squeeze it in more, but no success, will update tomarrow.

Where did you get the Ford logo on the windshield? Looks great.

2012-03-03132817.jpg

I know it's not a modification but this is what I replaced, Now I understand why my puddle lamps have never worked, but they aren't very bright, I guess that I'll have to do an LED conversion.
Do you guys know where I can buy LED's in bulk but also at retail (walk-inable store)?

Had a Little fun today, thats no lift btw

DSCN7176.jpg

DSCN7174.jpg

2012-03-03115249.jpg

2012-03-03110712.jpg

Very nice!!! How are you liking the BFG AT's? Seems to me if you are going to keep doing what you're doing, I'd switch to some BFG MT's?

Nice! Weren't you lifted at some point?

Does anyone have a pic of the 18" 2006-2010 explorer rims on our years? I'm looking for a set.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice! Weren't you lifted at some point?

I was and honestly it sucked, now that is my opinion I don't want people to think im a hater. One thing while hitting these trails is the ground clearance sucked. However when I had a lift (had 1.5/1.5 spacers, also had 3/2.5 spacers and a 3 inch body lift) I found that my travel wasn't benefiting me at all. Actually I had less travel with a lift. I may be interested in the rancho quicklifts but for that price I could by an old cherokee and use that for my heavy offroading.... Oh BTW don't do what i did... MUD SUCKS TO CLEAN! LOL

Back