Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 189 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Here's a night pic after connecting my light bar... :D

IMAG0485.jpg

You could tan at night with those lights!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's a new addition to my X... :D

IMAG0478.jpg

Let me know what you think...

I like the light bar. Where did you get it and I can't see how it installs.

I bought it in craiglist, the previous owner had it on a cherokee.

As far as the install, I just drilled one hole in the bumper for each side and one for the wires right in the middle of the bar (just behind the support that it has in the middle). The electric part was done by a shop, I suck with all the electric... I will post a pic of this once I get to the office.

Thanks!

So my 2002 explorer is currently in the shop with a dead transmission. This is my current car
Twtkr.jpg

I miss my explorer so much but i'm loving this little thing.

the explorer's inside is naked for the next few day. my sunroof is leaking somewhere. had to rip everything our form inside to try to find where it is leaking from. since i cant drive the ex i have to drive my moms 02 Volvo v70 wagon.
9245fa52.jpg

9f004212.jpg

the explorer's inside is naked for the next few day. my sunroof is leaking somewhere. had to rip everything our form inside to try to find where it is leaking from. since i cant drive the ex i have to drive my moms 02 Volvo v70 wagon.
9245fa52.jpg

9f004212.jpg

You should take this time to buy and spray undercoating from walmart because it also acts as a sound deadener that will not add a lot of weight!

I like the light bar. Where did you get it and I can't see how it installs.

Here are a couple of pics so you can see how I mounted it to the bumper, it is pretty simple...

The support in the middle:
IMAG0495.jpg

And how I ran the wires to the hood...
IMAG0496.jpg

Sorry for the dirt on the pics but I went this weekend to test the install and ride in the bike and this is how she returned home...

IMAG0491.jpg

Here are a couple of pics so you can see how I mounted it to the bumper, it is pretty simple...

The support in the middle:
IMAG0495.jpg

IMAG0491.jpg

Awesome, I thank you...

So my 2002 explorer is currently in the shop with a dead transmission. This is my current car
Twtkr.jpg

I miss my explorer so much but i'm loving this little thing.

Those are fun to drive :p:

i agree nate i like driving go karts too :D but that sucks for the x have they diagnosed it yet

i agree nate i like driving go karts too :D but that sucks for the x have they diagnosed it yet

haha it's so much like driving a go kart i love it! this thing is fun to drive, hell i might have to just buy one. Yeah, my water pump was leaking and my tranny was missing 2nd and 5th gear.

You could always keep it and put it in the rear for a spare!
STu

I have read in other threads of people adding a third row by moving the middle row forward.
it appears you already have a third row.
I am looking to move my middle row back in my mounty which has third row

Can you confirm that the holes are in the floor which would allow the middle row to be moved back?

Thanks!

9245fa52.jpg

I have read in other threads of people adding a third row by moving the middle row forward.
it appears you already have a third row.
I am looking to move my middle row back in my mounty which has third row

Can you confirm that the holes are in the floor which would allow the middle row to be moved back?

Thanks!

there are holes in the body to move the second row back. they are covered up by foil tape and tar. you will also need to move the studs that your seats mount to, to remove those threaded studs, you will need these kind of bits

LIS26750-L.jpg

(Reverse Torx)

haha it's so much like driving a go kart i love it! this thing is fun to drive, hell i might have to just buy one. Yeah, my water pump was leaking and my tranny was missing 2nd and 5th gear.

that sucks brother my silverado just went in yesterday for slipping in all gears they said it was losing pressure :mad:

I think I need new tires...
f2e5876a.jpg

50587adf.jpg

So I got some!
37fd8357.jpg

b64a13c0.jpg

0328d3c6.jpg

e35dedd3.jpg

I'm so happy! I went with Treadwright Guard Dog 265/70/17's.

I gained 2.5"!!

at first i was gonna joke "ah nah you can get more miles out of those" but then i saw the new ones and GOD DANG THAT LOOKS FANTASTIC.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back