• Register Today It's free!

opinions

MCD04EB

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma City, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Eddie Bauer
Hey everyone, just wanted to get your opinions on which color wheels to go with.
Im starting to save up for some wheels, the MB chaos 5 17x8.5 -6 offset, and was wondering which color you all thought would look better on my explorer....
Explorer
P7190208.jpg

Silver
MBchaos5silver.jpg

Black
MBchaos5black.jpg

Thanks everyone for your opinions! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what kind of build are you going for? street or wheeling rig? im a fan of black wheels myself, but i like the alloy look too. not a fan of chrome wheels at all unless its going on a lowrider!

Im going for wheeling, plan on using the explorer once i get better tires for it, I would just rather have 17s then 16s. The silver wheels arent actually chrome, I think they are more of a brushed silver look....
Photo courtesy of Kazer (If you dont want me to use your picture I will take it down)
DSC02624.jpg

These are the silver wheels

Black!

Black for me too.

Paint your gold trim black and get the black ones :thumbsup:. When I got mine it was more of an impulse buy and I wished I wouldve got the black ones. Be warned though, the finish on these rims will not hold up on trails. After 2 runs the finish had very deep scrathes/ and was chipping. The cracks filled with brake dust after a while which made all the scrathes very visible from about a foot away. They do hold up to curbs pretty well though ;) lol. Rain + turning@25MPH = not as bad of a ding as youd think. Don't let those discount guys jip you though, I got them down to $105 a rim (17's) with free locking lugs

Awesome, black it is! haha okay Ill try and get em down to 105. that would be nice! Thanks for your alls opinions. time to start saving! :)

Black, I have the black ones, only in 16", I like Kazer's and almost got silver but wanted different color from stock. Yes, don't leave without free locks and I think I paid $106, I think 17's are a couple bucks more.

Black Black Black Black Black :bounce:

Back