Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 223 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

IMAG0004.jpg

Mytrac and Rickybobby

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, its growing on me, and it did have the NBX roof rack, but its a theft recovery and the rack and windows were trashed. But since I work at a salvage yard, the parts were readily available and it cleaned up well. And I got it for a great price, so there will be mods soon :)

Congrats on the NBX! I wish mine were, You hardly ever see em!

I took the Cragars off, I had some rubbing on the caliper from them, so I looked on craigslist and made a trade and got these KMC's.
IMG_0981_zps8927bd8d.jpg

IMG_0979_zps32a5b4d1.jpg

I took the Cragars off, I had some rubbing on the caliper from them, so I looked on craigslist and made a trade and got these KMC's.

Looks great! Nice choice, love the look of your Ex. I was going to go with that color before I decided on mine.. Keep it up!

Thanks, I really like the look of these on the Ex. I think the silver in these go better with the dark blue of the Ex.

Looking good, how do the grabbers ride?

Surprisingly, for how beefy they are, they ride pretty smooth. A tad bit loud but I knew they would be when I bought them. I would definitely recommend them to anybody, if you could find them for sale that is.. Haha

Looks really nice! :eek:

Looking good, how do the grabbers ride?

Im running the BFG Km2's and they are knoby as hell! Do those have the cool bumpy feeling at slow speends like under 15mph? Once i hit about 20 in mine they are smooth running but roar going down the road! The windows up and radio in drowns the noise out. Although the sounds pretty nice that they make.

Im running the BFG Km2's and they are knoby as hell! Do those have the cool bumpy feeling at slow speends like under 15mph? Once i hit about 20 in mine they are smooth running but roar going down the road! The windows up and radio in drowns the noise out. Although the sounds pretty nice that they make.

Yeah under around 10 they have that bumpy feeling, especially when rolling up really slow at a stop light. But yeah just like yours, when I start going they smooth out and roar.

Yeah under around 10 they have that bumpy feeling, especially when rolling up really slow at a stop light. But yeah just like yours, when I start going they smooth out and roar.

Ha, nice. I get alot of stares driving around the town because they can hear it roaring along, and well lifted explorers are rare in arkansas. Ive never seen another lifted explorer since ive been here.

Ha, nice. I get alot of stares driving around the town because they can hear it roaring along, and well lifted explorers are rare in arkansas. Ive never seen another lifted explorer since ive been here.

Definitely a rare sight, that's for sure. Everywhere I go people tell me how they've never seen an Expo built up and how cool they look. Wish there were more out there!

Yeah i get compliments everywhere i go. Ive only had one person say it was stupid, so i looked over and laughed at his slammed to the ground s10 with 22 inch rims and gay ass ricer exhaust. I wanted to run his pos over. easily could have with the 32's.. I do agree though, i wish there was more but at the same time im glad there isnt so its not over done like f-150s and rangers.

I took the Cragars off, I had some rubbing on the caliper from them, so I looked on craigslist and made a trade and got these

What was the backspace on your cragars?

I took the Cragars off, I had some rubbing on the caliper from them, so I looked on craigslist and made a trade and got these

What was the backspace on your cragars?

They were 16X8 with 5" backspacing. I think it was someting with my explorer. I haven't found anything on here with anybody else having the same problem as mine.

They were 16X8 with 5" backspacing. I think it was someting with my explorer. I haven't found anything on here with anybody else having the same problem as mine.

I haven't heard of anyone having those problems either. Looks good with the new wheels tho. I still like the cragar's better and I'll probably go with them if I don't find another set of stock wheels for cheap. :)

Here is mine in it's current stock state of being....

p1163146826-4.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've bought some soft 8's same spec 16x8, 5 backspace a while ago. I test fit them without tires and they seemed pretty close to the calipers but figured with 265's they would be further out. Hope I don't run into an issue myself.

Back