Help! I want to lift my truck! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help! I want to lift my truck!

That was Chad's truck.

That wasn't Chad's Trac, he had different custom wheels, the one posted was 2wd IIRC.

Oops, a quick look on my phone had me confused with this picture.

SAS_042.jpg

My bad.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is your ST lifted? Help me

I have a 2005 ST 2WD with a 2" suspension lift with 235/70/r16

I'm about to put on 265/75/r16 tires how much higher will this make my truck? Post pictures if you have this done so I can see what mine will look like. I might want to get bigger tires and a TT AND A add a leaf but I don't know yet I want to see others first

Tire Size Comparison

Specification- Sidewall- Radius- Diameter- Circumference- Revs/Mile- Difference
235/70-16 6.5in 14.5in 29.0in 91.0in 697 0.0%
265/75-16 7.8in 15.8in 31.6in 99.4in 637 9.3%

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

I have a 2005 ST 2WD with a 2" suspension lift with 235/70/r16

I'm about to put on 265/75/r16 tires how much higher will this make my truck? Post pictures if you have this done so I can see what mine will look like. I might want to get bigger tires and a TT AND A add a leaf but I don't know yet I want to see others first

you probley looking at a whooping lift of about a half inch to an inch....

enjoy

:salute:

Those tires should net you 1.5" realistically you'll get 1" or less.

Those tires should net you 1.5" realistically you'll get 1" or less.

After i get those tires I'm gonna do a 3" TT and then I'm going to do a 2" add a leaf in the rear. Will my truck not look level ?

Pictures aren't showing up on my PC or on my iphone.

The pictures in your original thread aren't showing up on my pc or iphone, try uploading them through photobucket or another picture sharing site.

The best way to see how much lift you'll need to level out your Trac is to measure the bottom edge of the rear bumper cover by the tire and the bottom edge of the front bumper by the front tire. This will tell you how much lower the front is compared to the rear, if anything you'll want to lift the front and leave the rear alone to level it out especially being a 2wd (the front is usually lower the on the 4wd Trac). Hopefully this helps, sorry I've been really busy today working outside today.

The pictures in your original thread aren't showing up on my pc or iphone, try uploading them through photobucket or another picture sharing site.

The best way to see how much lift you'll need to level out your Trac is to measure the bottom edge of the rear bumper cover by the tire and the bottom edge of the front bumper by the front tire. This will tell you how much lower the front is compared to the rear, if anything you'll want to lift the front and leave the rear alone to level it out especially being a 2wd (the front is usually lower the on the 4wd Trac). Hopefully this helps, sorry I've been really busy today working outside today.

Ok I'll use photobucket I didn't even think about that! I'll upload them here in a bit but you've helped me tremendously!

Here are some photos of my ST

the blue tube i was talking about

photooo.jpg

photo32.jpg

photo334.jpg

He beat me to it, that's a Monroe or napa shock absorber. From the side shot picture it looks like your Trac is already leveled out. Do a measurement like I mentioned to see what the height differences are. The frontend might be higher from the looks of it which is fine because it'll eventually settle lower over time.

your truck looks perfectly level as it sits.......so all you need to do
is raise both ends at same height....and your golden....:thumbsup:

:salute:

After i get those tires I'm gonna do a 3" TT and then I'm going to do a 2" add a leaf in the rear. Will my truck not look level ?

That's a lot of lift for 265/75s. Click my registry link below to see what 265s look like with 3" of lift. I liked it; some thought the tires looked too small.

He beat me to it, that's a Monroe or napa shock absorber. From the side shot picture it looks like your Trac is already leveled out. Do a measurement like I mentioned to see what the height differences are. The frontend might be higher from the looks of it which is fine because it'll eventually settle lower over time.

Are the blue tubes bad to have then -_-

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's a lot of lift for 265/75s. Click my registry link below to see what 265s look like with 3" of lift. I liked it; some thought the tires looked too small.

Yea, i think i am actually going to get 285/75/r16 mudclaw tires or nitto grapplers. Do you think that would be a better fit?

Back