• Register Today It's free!

wheel spacers issue

Dan95-5.0

Reaction score
City, State
winnipeg, Manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Sport Trac
Im looking to add wheel spacers to my trac to fix my sway bar rubbing issues with my 265/75/16 tires. No lift.

Doing some searching I see 1.25 for the front and 1.5 is whats normally used and I see looks great. Im using the stock 16" teardrop rims.

20130815_194717_zps9aed59bd.jpg

My issue is looking at my rim and tires now the passenger side is about 1/2" in from being flush to the fender. The drivers side is about 1".

Is this normal ? Ive read a few people running into this issue.

For some reason the wheels/ tires on mine never matched equally with the fenders either (on any newer vehicle I've owned, 80's+), not sure why yours are off that much. Check the body bushings to make sure the body hasn't shifted (bigger problem after body lifts).

1.25's and 1.5's will be perfect for your setup, probably need to a little more trimming on the front lower corner of the bumper cover and the front inside of the cladding behind the front wheels.

I think I over exaggerated the 1".

I measured from the frame rail to the outside tire edge and there both the same.

im just worried the 1.25 up front will be too much. I might just wait and pop the tire off and mock it up to see what it looks like.

Back