Alternatives for bringing the rear end up for street riding | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Alternatives for bringing the rear end up for street riding

Does anyone know the best place to buy a set of Warrior shackles. I went to a spring shop today and they told me the leaf springs are fine, it's just they are the 4 leaf set and they are what they are. So I was considering adding the warrior shackles with coil overs. The 5 leaf set new would run close to a grand.

Forget the long shackles.. to me they look ghetto and your springs will end up being pushed down at the shakle and may break. Some years of the 150 springs work well to raise your butt.
Search and you will find.
The monore coil overs raised mine 1.5 inches.

explorer002_zpsf662717f.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I really like those tires and rims......

I'm so jelly, that X looks sooo much better then mine lol.

Sometimes I forget how much i like the gen 2 till I drive or even just ride in some of the newer stuff. I just took it over some old goat paths/logging trails and rode in comfort..lol.

Are the coil over shocks the: Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Adjusting Shock Absorber? I'm looking to bring the back up around 1" to be level with the front.

Forget the long shackles.. to me they look ghetto and your springs will end up being pushed down at the shakle and may break. Some years of the 150 springs work well to raise your butt.
Search and you will find.
The monore coil overs raised mine 1.5 inches.

explorer002_zpsf662717f.jpg

Have a look at these for $41.

Back