Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 269 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I have an 02 explorer...want an aftermarket bumper like you'd see on a big truck...that look just to fit an explorer...any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OKAY guys I have an 02 explorer xlt.. I have a 2.5 inch lift for it front and back but I wanna do some other stuff to it...I'd love to get a bumper like what you'd see on a big powerstroke but in the size of a explorer...it doesn't need to be big thickness wise I just want something else there. If anybody knows of a site to buy one...or had a good layout to make 1 please Tag me and show pics and link

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2986440&postcount=313

Here you go. He bought in from another 3rd Gen owner who had it fabricated somewhere in MD I think.

Looking good Ranger, I have AT2s on my 2G and they have been excellent absolutely eat snow did not need balancing yes they have no wheel weights! 55,000 miles and still have great tread.

D62E4D2E-FFFA-46A1-A391-9E12952C15E6_zps9svzm45b.jpg

Filtered (with the good 'ol Ranger in the background) from last summer, and one from a little more recently!

8CCEB2C7-90BA-4B20-B53D-65E2482CD235_zpsd8hg7bof.jpg

:usa: do you have a write up for the roof lights you installed

Latest pics of the beasty

WGAChkKh.jpg

RRs1s54h.jpg

FsZgRpah.jpg

pSSHUuBh.jpg

TDm1iS9h.jpg

KoYlCjGh.jpg

Got the beast cleaned up the other day and not too bad looking for 207,000 miles on her :) Only changes since the last time I posted are the new headlights and clear corners (all blacked out):

2015-08-16_zpsmczdxkhc.jpg

Looking good Ranger, I have AT2s on my 2G and they have been excellent absolutely eat snow did not need balancing yes they have no wheel weights! 55,000 miles and still have great tread.
Wish I could say the same about mine, I have had them balanced twice, still have a vibration. I have already replaced the inner and outer tie rods, thinking my bearings are the culprit. Well I am installing 4.56 gears this weekend so i will go through everything and check it.

Got the beast cleaned up the other day and not too bad looking for 207,000 miles on her :) Only changes since the last time I posted are the new headlights and clear corners (all blacked out):

2015-08-16_zpsmczdxkhc.jpg

I am so jealous of those wheels. I wish they still made them.

Got my ex nice and shined up. Tinted my headlights and corners as well ;)
IMG_9531_zpspzgkvfmh.jpg

IMG_4599_zpsfq8ygmt3.jpg

By the way, any way to make the pictures show up smaller? Thanks.

What size lightbar do you have in front of your rack bud? And did you mount it to the rack or to the rails? :thumbsup:

I think it's about 40"? And I mounted it to the cross rail on the roof racks. Just drilled through it.

Got my ex nice and shined up. Tinted my headlights and corners as well ;)

*snip*

By the way, any way to make the pictures show up smaller? Thanks.

That's a sick explorer you've got there. Those fenders look awesome. Are you running 35s?

Does anyone have a 3rd gen with these BFGs possibly with pics?

They are 34x10.50 r17 btw.

Hey guys. Here's my 02 XLT 4.6 with 137k. I'm a mod motor fanatic so when I had the opportunity to buy mine for $1k with broken guides, I jumped all over it. Shes pretty rough, but looks good from 10ft away

When I first brought it home (you can kind of see my blown up cobra tucked under the McLeod banner lol)
20150821_195903_zpsvy7st6mu.jpg

Right after I fixed it, next to my moms 05 XLT with the 4.0 (HATE that engine) and 217k on it (my GT is hiding in front of mine)
20150829_104812_zpstdm10i4b.jpg

Much needed clean and wax (yup, wax them windows folks!!)
20150829_145503_zpstjk1s7lk.jpg

Final results
20150829_160624_zpsttjtc3ky.jpg

20150829_160613_zpsakirxqr4.jpg

20150829_160745_zpsja0li3az.jpg

More to come eventually. I own an 01 Cobra that made 477rwhp on 5psi from a 72mm turbonetics that I blew up, and an 00 GT that's got it's fair share of work done to it. Mod motors are my life. I already put my old BBK intake that came on my GT on the exploder. Sounds great! Now I need to make an exhaust!

Also will be buying the 275/65/16's soon, what tires would you guys recommend? I love Duratracs, but would like to try something different!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

^^ I'm a big fan of my General Grabber AT2's. They have a very aggressive tread and sidewall pattern but are extremely smooth and quiet on the streets.

0005134208039_500X500.jpg

Back