Went and picked up the Platinum last night!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Went and picked up the Platinum last night!!!

edub

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
Wow! what a ride! Very impressed. One thing for sure, anybody debating between the 3.5 ecoboost and any other engine option, GET THE TWIN TURBOS baby!!! Wow what a motor. Silky smooth power.

And the interior is fantastic as well. That leather!

Very excited

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow! what a ride! Very impressed. One thing for sure, anybody debating between the 3.5 ecoboost and any other engine option, GET THE TWIN TURBOS baby!!! Wow what a motor. Silky smooth power.

Very excited
Congratulations on your new ride. Once all the excitement has passed its peak you can think about updating your profile.:):thumbsup: Then post a pic or two.

Peter

Good stuff, lots of goodies to play with on that model :)

Very excited

Congrats!
Could you share what was the deal? what was your final with delivery?

Congrats, welcome to the club, more specifically the 3.5L tt club.
The power these vehicles put down is definitely under rated and not well known with the average drivers on the road, as I'm tested daily and blowing them all away.

Congrats, welcome to the club, more specifically the 3.5L tt club.
The power these vehicles put down is definitely under rated and not well known with the average drivers on the road, as I'm tested daily and blowing them all away.

I agree. I had a 2015 explorer limited. Loved everything about it except the lack of power.
Picked up a 2016 Sport. Love the crap out the 3.5tt. Only downfall is that its my wife's daily driver.

2015-11-29%2013.55.56_zpsl61tzks3.jpg
2015-11-29%2013.55.41_zps7xhm1meq.jpg
2015-11-29%2013.56.17%20HDR_zpshc7rn9n4.jpg

$52,097 + tag & title

Very, very nice edub. That's the colour I'd be looking at as well.
BTW, very impressive looking driveway you have there.;)

Peter

I agree. I had a 2015 explorer limited. Loved everything about it except the lack of power.
Picked up a 2016 Sport. Love the crap out the 3.5tt. Only downfall is that its my wife's daily driver.

Yep, same here, it is the wifey's!! I will have to settle for weekend driving!

White, always reminds me of a company car.

Very excited

Have you tried the massage seats yet? They are the sole reason why I almost bought a Platinum.

Very excited

I wonder if there is a button to actually switch in Sports mode for sports or platinum versions?

I wonder if there is a button to actually switch in Sports mode for sports or platinum versions?
None that I have read or heard about. Even on my MKT I can only adjust the ride/suspension for Normal, Sport or Comfort. Is that what you are referring to?

Peter

Want "sport" mode, grab the steering wheel with both hands and start shifting at higher rpms with the paddles. Lol

White, always reminds me of a company car.

I used to think the same thing, and you can't tell in pics, but the White Plat. gives a unique look that is not mistaken for a pure white car. I would have never considered white until I saw the White Plat. in person. Also, I really like the lines on the Ex, and the White Plat. really shows them off compared to darker colors. Also, hardly shows dirt. My jet black Saab is a bear. One rain storm and it looks really dirty.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you tried the massage seats yet? They are the sole reason why I almost bought a Platinum.

we didnt even know they had them. my wife took a friend with her to pick up and the friend was in the passenger seat ewing and ahing. my wife said what are you doing? her friend explained she was getting her shiatzu on!!! i promptly got a call to explain we had massaging seats! they are great though. i think they would be great on long trips.

Back