• Register Today It's free!

Engine coolant temperature sensor

mhanglow

Reaction score
City, State
new york, ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
1195 ford explorer
hello all, what is the part number for my ect sensor. 1995 Explorer XLT 4.0, OHV.
Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you for responding. I have a different electrical connector. My etc has 2 flat pins and is B shaped inside.

IMG_0821.JPG

It's hard to tell from your picture but it looks like all those swshawaii linked that have the same style connector as the MOTORCRAFT DY1144 might be right.

It looks a bit like at some point the connector locking tab on what you pictured has broken off. Is there a part # on the connector?

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=2312990&cc=1119642&jsn=20

3F1Z12A648A-BOT__ra_p.jpg

No part # on connector. Sensor top is red, at 45 degree angle , flat pin and oval shaped.
I think sensor held in by O ring, not threaded, from what I can see.

IMG_0872.JPG

If I had your engine then I'd check mine... I'm wondering if that's the original or an aftermarket part that someone put on.

I'm also wondering if the connector for it is original or something someone grafted on to match the sensor. I could be wrong but white and red wires don't look right to me. I mean there are some Ford/Mercury with ONE of the wires being both red and white but a different color to ground, not one solid red and one solid white wire... that I know of. That and it not matching any Motorcraft part I can find, makes me suspect it's aftermarket. I could be wrong.

I don't have a wiring diagram for your '95 4L OHV but for my '98 SOHC the wires are light green/red, and gray/red. That same gray/red goes to several other sensors.

Thank you both for your help. What I thought was my ect sensor was actually a fuel injector. Live and learn.

Back