Upgrading rear driveshaft | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Upgrading rear driveshaft

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hehe... Gotcha!! Good to hear.

Bringing this thread up from the grave, but i just had the same problem today. I was driving on the road going less than 5mph LOL!
Ry5pNaE.jpg

Nice! Are (were) you lifted running the factory driveshaft?
Yes, the truck is sased on 37s, and that was the factory driveshaft. Luckily, I broke down right across the street from the driveshaft shop! I got a new 1350 yoke and 1350 to 1330 u-joint for $134 out the door. The yoke was much cheaper online, but the truck is my daily driver. I still need to upgrade the rest of the shaft, but I will be swapping in a ford 9 inch in the rear soon. I wouldn't want a new shaft not fit with the 9 inch axle. I also need to get the transfer case 1350 flange just to have standard 1350 u-joints and beef it up haha

Another good reason to like independent rear suspension (3rd. gen), the driveshafts both front and rear never "droop" or go up and down: driveshafts are not part of the suspension. imp

Back