Coolant leak in rear of Limited

Digitalgp

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Hudson valley
Year, Model & Trim Level
‘15 XLT
I discovered I had a drip coming from the rear of my Limited. At first I thought it was just condensation from running the rear a/c unit. However I soon discovered that it was coolant coming from what appeared to be the rubber hoses going into the heater core at first, but I then discovered its actually the pipe coming off the heater core into the rubber heater hose that cracked causing the leak. I've been monitoring the coolant levels very closely, but I need to fix it now asap. The strange thing about the heater core is that it has a/c lines going into it as well so I am having trouble finding one. Anyone have this issue and take it on? Also how involved of a job is this? I'll try to get a pic later on

*edit*
Here's a couple pics. The one side broke off when I started it after work today causing a waterfalls of antifreeze. The other side wasn't too far off from failure. that snapped clean off when I attempted to get the hose off. I was able to cut some pipe to Jerry-rig a bypass and had to cut about 2" off each of the hoses. Definitely not a long term fix. I still want to fix it the right way.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It’s Y connector pipe. Many threads here about it...

Remove the interior panel. There should be 2 rubber heater hoses connected too the other end of the connectors that broke off. If so, you can buy 2 plastic hose connectors at Autozone that will replace what broke. Dorman 5/8" straight hose connectors is what you need.
And replace all those spring clamps, everywhere. They eventually rust through and cause leaks.

Y connector ?????

The OP has an issue with the rear hoses. The famous Y is under the hood ......

Back