• Register Today It's free!

Tow switch

Hammerhead1031

Reaction score
City, State
Stewartsville , NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
Does the interior tow switch illuminate when the lights are on? I believe at one time the power liftgate and the tow were both illuminated but it seems that now only the power liftgate lights up at night when the lights are on. Does this mean that the tow switch does operate properly and needs to be replaced or is it just that a bulb is burned out and it doesn’t illuminate. Any help replacing the switch is appreciated.

Yes, when your lights are on those 2 buttons both illuminate on my 19. Could just be the bulb under the switch burnt out, only way to know is to engage tow mode when driving if the entire switch is bad.

20211120_163308.jpg

Does the interior tow switch illuminate when the lights are on? I believe at one time the power liftgate and the tow were both illuminated but it seems that now only the power liftgate lights up at night when the lights are on. Does this mean that the tow switch does operate properly and needs to be replaced or is it just that a bulb is burned out and it doesn’t illuminate. Any help replacing the switch is appreciated.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
If you haven't already done so, engage the tow switch as suggested and see if the system recognizes it is ON.

Peter

Back