• Register Today It's free!

2016 Power Liftgate Issues

usfishin

Reaction score
City, State
Oldsmar
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Limited
I recently had a dead battery. I replaced the battery with a new one and now the power liftgate is dead. The only indication of anything happening to open it is the lights flash. No click, nothing. When I go into the vehicle settings to the "Power Liftgate" section I can't even select "Enable Switch." "Disable Switch" is selected and stuck in that position. Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting. Thanks for the link! Last night I removed the battery to prep taking it in today. So it was disconnected for quite some time. I took the battery in today to get a replacement, in which the new battery was exactly the same model as the old one (the old one was defective and they gave me a new one under warranty). I put the new one in this afternoon and everything seems to be working fine, except the power liftgate. It's weird because that's the ONLY thing not working. No notifications on the screen or anything. I'll let it sit overnight and not touch it and hopefully everything will be working in the morning after the BMS resets itself. I'll keep my fingers crossed and update tomorrow.

Checked it this morning and the liftgate still is non-responsive other than the lights flashing when I try to activate it.

Try the negative battery cable disconnect procedure now that the battery is installed again. Also fuse 69 in the engine bay compartment is for the liftgate. Have you checked it? Fuse 10 in the cabin fuse box is also for the liftgate but before you go crawling under the dash, see if the Securicode keypad works as it shares that same fuse. Here is what used to be in the older Manuals for resetting the liftgate but doesn't appear in the later ones;
To reset the power liftgate:
1. Disconnect the battery for 20 seconds then, reconnect the battery.
2. Manually close and fully latch the liftgate.
3. Power open the liftgate by using the transmitter, or the instrument
panel control button.

Peter

So I ran home for lunch. Grabbed the key, hit the button, and what do you know... it opened. I guess it didn't sit long enough?? Who knows...
Thanks for your help Peter!

Back