2006 Explorer 10 Way Seat Lumbar Assemble | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer 10 Way Seat Lumbar Assemble

j2davis

Reaction score
City, State
Graham
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer
I purchased what was supposed to be a fully functional set of front seats from a 2006 Explorer, not certain what version. Drivers seat is a 10 way, passenger 6 way. I finally figured out how to at least power the lumbar and the results were not good. I opened up the back and the lumbar motor was detached from the gear box but still kind of in the hole and the gears in the gear box were in pieces except for the larger inner gear.

Does anyone have an assembly for a 2006? Or maybe the gears although I am not certain why the gears broke. Or can you steer me towards someone that might have these parts?

I"ve attached a picture. I opened the gear box and all the remains is the intact larger inner gear.

Thanks,
Jerry

lumbar gear.jpg

bump bump

The only way instead of the whole new assembly ,it is to fix the gears by 3D CAD modeling and Nylon plastic printing.no spare parts for the lumbar support assembly

I figured that these gears would be used by other car manufacturers. At the salvage yard I looked into a Chevrolet Neon and not only found matching gears but several were a metal gear versus plastic. I also reached out to a Canadian company called Leggett & Platt. Evidently they produced the gears that evidently have been a problem. They were apologetic that the gears broke. They mailed new gears that I am supposed to receive later this month.

Jerry

Back