Relay Module compler wiring diagram | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Relay Module compler wiring diagram

D

Deleted member 381005

I need a complete wiring diagram for a 2000 Ford Explorer "Relay Module" which contains 7 5-pin relays in a block including Battery Saver Relay, Park Lamp Relay, and One Touch Window Relay. I'm doing a major wiring repair and need to identify many wires in that module but cannot find it online.

I have the complete wiring diagram from the Ford Customer Service Division (FCS), and all diagrams fit my car exactly EXCEPT for the relay module which is diametrically different, even the relays' functions and placements.

To help match what I need, this is the schematic for the relay at the bottom right of my module on the opposite end from the large relay: 1 (bottom left) - white/violet; 2 (bottom right) tan/white; 3 (top) - black/white; 4 (bottom center) - red/yellow; 5 (middle) - red.

If you can help me, thank you very much.

Relay Module.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum!

What does "diametically different" mean? It might help if you showed the front of the relay box, in the orientation it is mounted in the vehicle, and indicate which relay handles which function.

Without that I am just guessing, that the relay you gave the pinout for is the dimmer relay as it appears to have the same wire colors as you listed, and if we were looking at the front of the relay box, oriented with the larger relay at the bottom, it would be at the top right in the relay box pictured below.

I know of no diagram that lists the entire pinout for the whole relay box, instead you may have to do this one relay at a time, look at the wiring diagram for each subcircuit that each relay handles. For example the dimmer relay is in section 71-5 on the Helms diagrams PDF post linked in my sig below as 2nd gen wiring diagrams. If that is correct, and you get both the Helms and the other set linked in that topic, you should have all relay pinouts covered.

Relay Box Interior 1998 XLT.JPG

dimmer relay.png

Diametrically is defined in any 3rd grade dictionary as, "completely; utterly." Apparently I did not express myself well for this forum because you missed my whole point. Goodbye, I'll find help elsewhere.

Completely utterly doesn't tell us What It Is, only what it is not. You didn't even provide detail of what you saw a diagram(?) for, that is different to contrast that. It's important to know exactly what you have, in order to figure out the wiring for it. I still suspect that the info I posted previously is correct.

I'm pretty sure he told you how to figure it out on your own
there is no pin out for that box you have to figure it out 1 relay at a time

Is a 3rd grade dictionary different from a 4th grade version? So third graders learn the word diametrically? I doubt it

If he flipped the relay box over the diagram would match = moron

Back