alarm and low beams

Stewe

Reaction score
City, State
Östersund, Jamtland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT 4.0 aut
Hi,

I'm from Sweden and have a Explorer -95 witch is imported from Germany. Cars from Germany doesn't have automatic low beams nore flashing turn signals when turning alarm off or on, it's prohibited there. No i want to turn thoose features on, does anybody know how to do this?

Hope this is the right forum for such kind of questions

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hope this helps:

The following sequence will toggle the feature to either the enabled or disabled state, opposite of its current state. Enabling a new alarm configuration will automatically disable the previous alarm configuration.

1. Press the door power unlock button the number of times associated with the feature you wish to enable or disable as shown below:

DOOR POWER UNLOCK BUTTON
ENABLE/DISABLE FEATURES

No. of Unlock Enable/Disable Feature
Presses

• 1 Autolock/Relock

2 Remote Memory Seats (Personality)

5 North America/Gulf Coast Alarm

6 Europe Alarm

7 UK and Ireland Alarm

8 Switzerland Alarm

9 Japan Alarm

2. Press the door power lock button once after pressing the last unlock in order to enter the enable/disable code. The system will confirm the altered feature by chirping the horn the same number of times as the number of unlock presses registered. An additional long horn honk will follow after the horn chirps if the feature has been enabled. No horn honk will follow the horn chirps if the feature was disabled.

3. After a horn chirp sequence has occurred in the enable/disable mode, another enable/disable sequence may be performed.

4. To exit enable/disable mode turn ignition OFF (or allow five minutes to pass after entering enable mode). Upon exiting the system will confirm the exit with a honk chirp if a feature has been changed.

The autolock, remote memory seat and the appropriate alarm configuration are turned on at the factory. The receiver assembly will keep its enabled/disabled settings any time battery voltage is disconnected and reconnected to the control module.

And here's the various configurations for the RAP module according to location:

North America - Exterior Lamps flashing - 2 min 45 sec -- Horn Honking - 2 min 45 sec -- # of times alarm trigger - 3

Europe - Exterior Lamps Flashing - 30 sec -- Horn Honking - 30 sec -- # of times alarm trigger - 3

UK/Ireland - Exterior Lamps Flashing - Not programmed -- Horn Honking - 30 sec -- # of times alarm trigger - 3

Switzerland - Exterior Lamps Flashing - Not programmed -- Horn Honking - 30 sec Continuously -- # of times alarm trigger - 1

Japan - Exterior Lamps Flashing - Not programmed -- Horn Honking - Not programmed -- # of times alarm trigger - 3

Hi,

This must be some kind of a joke, if not, in what state should the car be?

-Ignition on/off
-Alarm on/off

I mean I must do something previous to enter this configuration mode else if I unlock the car and then lock it again the "Autolock/Relock" configuration will be changed???

I think I need more help...

//Stefan

I'm sorry. I forgot to post that little part. Do this:

The enable/disable mode is entered when the following sequence of events occurs.

l Make sure that the anti-theft system is not armed or triggered (See Disarming the Anti-Theft System), ignition is OFF and all doors are closed.

l Turn the ignition key from OFF to RUN.

l Press the door power unlock button three times.

l Turn the ignition key from RUN to OFF.

l Press the door power unlock button three times.

l Turn the ignition key back to RUN within 30 seconds of Step 2.

If the receiver assembly has successfully entered enable/disable mode it will lock and then unlock all doors. While in the enable/disable mode, the receiver assembly will not have any other functionality except enabling/disabling features.

I doesn't manage to get into the enable/disable mode, are you sure it's works with the -95.

Any suggestions?

Where have you read this? Is it from Chilton's? I think i have to bye some kind of service/mechanics book.

//Stefan

This sounds interesting... I have to test this!
But does it just change the time alarm signals, or can you even get the "blinks" when you turn the alarm on and off?

I'm sorry it doesn't work for you. I got this information from my '96 Ford Trucks Shop Manual.

Back