how to adjust a a4ld shift points

jd4242

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
va beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
92explorer&94 ranger
how do you adjust a a4ld shift points?the problem im having is when you are full throttle only it will hit the rev limiter before it shifts.it will shift by hand fine or under normal driving it shifts fine,only full throttle.ive checked to see if the vac lines are on and also have pulled the kick down cable off to eliminate all those.my buddy runs a trans shop but he has been slammed but he said because of all the motor work and big cam that it may have changed the vac pressure and there should be a screw on the vac modulator on the side of the trans but i cant find it?its a brand new trans with a shift kit,any help or suggestion would be great.its getting old trying to race people and having to shift by hand or the fuel cut off kicks in:thumbdwn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its connected just pulled off to see if it was causing it not to shift.it has the shift jr kit,but it was doing this before I put that in.where would the screw be at,the guy that built my tranny said he was sure he put an adjustable one in.or do you think it might be something else.the tranny works fine any other time just when your full throttle.

do you have any other thoughts or ideas on what else it could be?witch way would i need to turn it and what if it doesnt have one?

anyone?

Did you ever figure anything out for this problem?

Back