• Register Today It's free!

Meet Crayola Washington!

baxterdown

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
We name all of our cars. This time around I asked my friends on Facebook to take a stab. Crayola Washington won! Crayola for the mood lighting; Washington because I'm into politics. I think the name is hilarious! :D

Here are a couple of pics of my new baby. There's a nice gallery with more photos here.

Jose

80001.jpg

80002.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Beautiful Explorer!

Does that mean we get to color all over the nice white Explorer with crayola's???

Baxterdown, that antenna is 'stock'? OR did you retro an after-market style. Love it!!!

xknoch, that's the shark-fin antenna from Visual Garage. I had it on my Flex and immediately contacted them after I ordered the Explorer. It comes painted on your OEM color so it matches your truck perfectly. It takes about 3 minutes to install.

xknoch, that's the shark-fin antenna from Visual Garage. I had it on my Flex and immediately contacted them after I ordered the Explorer. It comes painted on your OEM color so it matches your truck perfectly. It takes about 3 minutes to install.

Does it work well with Sirius/XM?

scottfmc, it's perfect. This is my second one (I also had it on the Flex) and it works like a charm.

How does it work with the HD radio? Did you use the OEM HD radio & antenna before removing and installing the new one? Thanx

Where is the GPS antenna? Maybe it uses this one?

It works perfect with HD radio. I used the OEM antenna for two days before installing the new one.

I am sorry I didn't take pictures of the install. It didn't hit me you guys might have wanted to see how it's done!!! Here's a link to the Flex forum where I had posted pictures of the install on the Flex. It's the exact same procedure. As I said, it take about 3 minutes!

The antenna is about $80 and TOTALLY WORTH IT!

Nice I like that too. How tall does it come off the roof?

Just to confirm, you didn't have to do anything special for the Sirius antenna? I took a look at the vendor site, and here is what they say -

Can I use the VG Shark Fin Antenna to cover my Sirius/XM antenna?
Yes, many of our customers have covered their Sirius and XM satellite radio antenna with our VG Shark Fin Antenna for a much more uniform and streamlined look. Your Sirius or XM antenna will have to be small enough to fit under the VG Shark Fin Antenna cover (i.e. Terk SIR-MINI SIRIUS antenna). It will required a slight modification to the shark fin (such as cutting a small groove) to allow the satellite antenna wire to pass through the back. Some customers pass the satellite antenna wire through the original antenna base gasket.

What type of Sirius antenna does the X have? Is it part of the normal one? Separate? It didn't look like you had to cut anything in your install.

Also, no problems with GPS working? No idea where that antenna is.

Finally, do you have to call for Ford vehicles? Their site didn't list Ford as an available option in the Order Now drop down.

Finally, do you have to call for Ford vehicles? Their site didn't list Ford as an available option in the Order Now drop down.

But it does show where to find the OEM Paint Code on a Ford.

sm4astan, no, you don't have to do anything special for the antenna. Follow my link above to see install pics on my Flex. I have no idea what type of Sirius antenna is on the X or where GPS is located; sorry.

You do have to contact them for Ford Vehicles. Just complete their contact form. They'll get back with you.

Quackinup, you don't need the OEM paint code. All you need is the paint color (white platinum in my case).

By the way, I am in no way related to Visual Garage. I'm just a two-time very happy customer! :D

Resurrecting an old post here.

I like many of you have been having issues where my Sirius and even nav will drop from going under a pedestrian viaduct... Yes that right! Pedestrian viaduct.. The skinny ones. On top of that my ex fm radio does not get reception in a parking garage where my 2006 hummer gets perfect fm reception.

Do you guys thing the shark fin would solve some of my problems?

That top photo looks like it could be in a brochure - Nice shots.

Bumping this so I have the install pics in case I need it, can't wait for my Shark Fin (and can't wait to not listen to my antenna hit the garage door everytime I back out!!)

Bumping this so I have the install pics in case I need it, can't wait for my Shark Fin (and can't wait to not listen to my antenna hit the garage door everytime I back out!!)

I just looked at the site and did'nt see a Ford Make option? Maybe it's just late but what am I missing here. Love this mod, very streamline.......

I just looked at the site and did'nt see a Ford Make option? Maybe it's just late but what am I missing here. Love this mod, very streamline.......

You have to actually email them for the Fords, I am not sure why they aren't listed on the website, but they do have them.

The email is sales@visualgarage.com

The info you need to send them is

"Qty x Year, Make, Model, Style - Color Name / Color Code
(example: Qty: 1 x 2009 Pontiac G8 4-Dr Sedan - Phantom Metallic/WA690F)"

You have to actually email them for the Fords, I am not sure why they aren't listed on the website, but they do have them.

The email is sales@visualgarage.com

The info you need to send them is

"Qty x Year, Make, Model, Style - Color Name / Color Code
(example: Qty: 1 x 2009 Pontiac G8 4-Dr Sedan - Phantom Metallic/WA690F)"

Why thank you my good man/woman...........much appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Woman, lol. And no prob! :cool:

Back