Wish I could trade my bench seat for captains chairs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wish I could trade my bench seat for captains chairs

Carnivore

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 sport
Does anyone know if there's a place that will allow me to trade this even if it costs a little more?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone know if there's a place that will allow me to trade this even if it costs a little more?
I doubt you would be able to trade but you could try contacting an automobile recycling company to see if there are any 'wrecked' Explorers. They usually have a large network of recyclers.

Peter

Great question, we are trying to do the opposite, we want the bench and want the captains chairs and console gone :)

I would like to know if it is possible also.

Sticker500 meet carnivore. Carnivore meet Sticker500. Talk amongst yourselves.

My work here is done.

In my old F-150 I decided I didn't want the captains chairs I wanted the 60/40. So I found someone with 60/40 that wanted captains chairs... bada bing, bada boom. Without seeing it I can't personally guarantee, but knowing Ford assembly line stuff they probably made it as easy to swap these as possible - doubt they would make two whole body builds based on what types of seats were ordered. On the f-150 you just had to cut out some small pieces of carpet where the bolts would've gone, and there was the hole there, stick a bolt through it of appropriate size, bada bing.
It was a little more messy on the side of the person who had the captains chairs (me) because now there were several holes in the carpet that weren't needed anymore. I would've just dealt with it but since it was a show truck... I replaced the carpet.

Back