Waiting is over | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Waiting is over

Sorry for the bad picture from my cellphone but its still dirty and not gone over by the dealer yet.... I will get some better pic's Tuesday if it gets cleaned.

Wow from the looks of the pic the brakes did get a nice upgrade! Definitely makes painted calipers my first mod.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My understanding is the Explorer Sport got the Police Interceptor Utility brake package.

Same as the Taurus SHO Performance Package got the Interceptor Sedan brake package.

Yes, the rotor, calliper, and pads are very heavy duty to pass the LASD and MSP Vehicle Testing.

My understanding is the Explorer Sport got the Police Interceptor Utility brake package.

The Interceptor has a brake package manufactured by Brembo right?

Yes, Brembo was providing the package to the engineers when I was at the last vehicle testing. Im back Pomona CA for LASD Vehicle Test Day October 18th so I will confirm for you.

I have part numbers if anyone needs them.

Yes, Brembo was providing the package to the engineers when I was at the last vehicle testing. Im back Pomona CA for LASD Vehicle Test Day October 18th so I will confirm for you.

I have part numbers if anyone needs them.

Damn right down the road from here :) Look forward to the deets!

When are you picking it up? Please post pics of interior also.

2013ExplorerSport014_zps78aeb910.jpg

It had some damage to the back bumper in shipping. My wife will pick it up Friday....unfortunetly I am leaving town for 2 weeks for work.

2013ExplorerSport017_zps8a75bbfc.jpg

2013ExplorerSport002_zpsd0f2ac15.jpg

2013ExplorerSport008_zpsa16e51c6.jpg

2013ExplorerSport019_zpsecf2d72f.jpg

2013ExplorerSport010_zpsc97781cb.jpg

2013ExplorerSport012_zps1497db58.jpg

Just awesome ... thanks for posting!

Im loving that all black trim look.....wish they did the door handles too.

Your gonna need to get 35% tint on those front windows, it looks great with the Tuxedo Black.

I gotta pull off my lower chrome trim and the rear hatch appliqué with "Explorer" and paint them black now

That is one sharp looking ride! I like it :thumbsup:

One thing though:

Is it just me, or are the letters on the hood all shifted to the driver's side?

That is one sharp looking ride! I like it :thumbsup:

One thing though:

OH NOOO! :eek:

wow man.. You're right... measured, they are way off. The E begins just left of the cowl, and there are almost 3 full letters to the right of it. Ugh.. I hope I don't have this to look forward to :(

Aside from the shifted hood letters, the car is freaking awesome looking - WOW! Impressive!

I saw that but wasnt sure if that was just me noticing it.

Good eye....thanks.
I just checked my original pictures from the camera and they are the same. I was hoping something got mixed up with the picture upload and massize down size in picture quality from the original.
Guess I got to talk to them again.

Looks great!! I looked at the pictures earlier & thought the Explorer letters were off also. Hope they can get that straight. Thanks for sharing the pics!! Congrats!

I hated to say anything, but its better to just have them fix it now and get it perfect :)

The letters being off center was the first thing I noticed also. That should be an easy fix I assume..Ford can't expect people to drive it like that, its too noticeable.

Looks like they shipped out a test run. Or they did that part at 4:59pm on a Friday. Either way that's basic stuff that shouldn't pass quality control. Not sure how they can easily fix it. It's baked into the factory paint now. Ask for a re-do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They don't run test runs with the public. The Prototype builds go to Management.

Management Prototype 1 build

Management Prototype 2 build

OK to sell meeting

THen release to the public

Im surprised that got through QC because it's a human being that does QC at the final stage.

Back