Cannot believe this!!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cannot believe this!!!!!

rellyrooly

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ex Limited 4WD 302A
Some of you know that I have been waiting for a Limited Ex for some time now after originally wanting a Sport. We had located a specific vehicle at my local dealership (wanted to stay loyal to them as we worked with them on the Sport) and was told it was mine when it came in. We had called many times to check on the vehicle and was told it was in transit, even as late as Friday of last week. At that time, I was advised that it was in AZ and would arrive early this week. I called today and was advised it was sold. WHAT?!!!! How the heck does a business of this sort not know what is going on, especially since I had been working with 3 people there; a salesperson and 2 managers. This is BS!!!!! I am beside myself. I wold love it if someone from Ford would give a hoot and try to make this right for me. I am trying to become a loyal Ford customer and they are not making it easy. This is very disheartening. I am planning on going over to the dealership and raising Caine as well as blasting this all over social media if they do not make this right. I am very upset. :(:mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like a dealer problem not necessarily ford...

Had you signed a contract or put any money down ?

Word of mouth usually won't reserve one for me when I ask :)

I asked them if I could put money down and they wouldn't take it. They said that because 2 managers were involved in the deal, the car would be waiting for me and not get sold when it came in. We even went as far as going through the entire financing department and finalizing that! We were already set with Ford Credit. I am definitely not saying this is a Ford problem and it is definitely a dealer problem but at the end of the day, the dealer represents Ford. I am hoping someone from Ford can help me.

Sounds like they had someone willing to pay a lot more then you...shady none the less

Sounds like they had someone willing to pay a lot more then you...shady none the less

Completely shady and bad business. The salesperson even admitted to me that no on is minding the store and that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Nice. Don't you love hearing that, Ford?

Completely shady and bad business. The salesperson even admitted to me that no on is minding the store and that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Nice. Don't you love hearing that, Ford?
I think you would have had a case if you had insisted on making a down payment on it when you went through the financing stage. Unfortunately I don't think you have much recourse now except to purchase from another dealer. Not a good way to do business on the dealer's part. Unless you are willing t o buy 'off the lot', you will have to order a 2014 model which won't go into production for another month (June 3rd).

Peter

The dealers represent Ford so in the end it's a Ford problem.

Thank you. That's the way I see it. When you are a distributor of a good, you are the face of the manufacturer. The manufacturer should want ethical, friendly and professional distributors of their goods. That's exactly why Ford should want to help me in solving this.

***UPDATE****
I called my salesperson to see if he had talked to any managers and/or gotten any answers as to why my vehicle was stolen away from me and he heard my voice, didn't say anything and hung up after a few seconds. Now, they are going to wish they never met me. BBB, here I come. I have also registered complaints with Ford customer relations and USAA car buying service. I am going to be their worst nightmare. Don't mess with a native NY'er!

This was my thoughts to, I have never heard of a dealership holding a car on someones word, they always want a downpayment or at least initials.

Agree Ford wants their image to look good but this is the risk you take with privately owned dealerships, its very similar to franchises, very little control.

Good luck kicking and screaming, hope something is done for ya but I would better use my time by actually buying a vehicle from a legit dealership.

The dealers represent themselves.

While I have sympathy for the OP, no contract = no obligation on the part of the dealer, or the customer.

I'd place a nice call to the owner and ask what's up. If you can't get them on the phone, then send a rational letter.

Getting all lathered up may feel good, but it won't get you the vehicle.

***UPDATE****
I called my salesperson to see if he had talked to any managers and/or gotten any answers as to why my vehicle was stolen away from me and he heard my voice, didn't say anything and hung up after a few seconds. Now, they are going to wish they never met me. BBB, here I come. I have also registered complaints with Ford customer relations and USAA car buying service. I am going to be their worst nightmare. Don't mess with a native NY'er!

Aaaannnddd.... This is where you lost me... Good luck.

The dealers represent themselves.

While I have sympathy for the OP, no contract = no obligation on the part of the dealer, or the customer.

I'd place a nice call to the owner and ask what's up. If you can't get them on the phone, then send a rational letter.

Getting all lathered up may feel good, but it won't get you the vehicle.

In the end the dealers represent the brand they sell. No question about it. Period.

If you still want one, your best bet is to go to another dealer and have them locate one. Let's be realistic, Ford isn't going to do anything. I could see if it was an ordered vehicle and it got damaged or lost in transit.. but for a dealer to sell a vehicle you were interested in isn't going to get Ford to do anything.

Similar circumstance.. My father put a $5,000 deposit on a Honda CRV last week, when he stopped by to see if it had been detailed/prepped, they said, oh, we sold that one but we have this one here (save exact car, just 6 less miles on it).

Now it worked out for him but again, just because you have an identical vehicle, doesn't mean you sell the one you put a deposit down on. He should have walked at that point but the price on it was too good to pass up so he went through with it.

It happens everywhere but that's the sign of the dealership, not the brand.

I'd say file a complaint etc just to get it off your chest, it may make a difference in the long run. But then move on, not worth your time.

When I was searching for my Explorer last month I had to go to three different dealers before I finally found a good one that didn't try and play games. The first one tried to play all sorts of number games, got old quick and pissed me off. The second said they could get the color I wanted (Silver), took a deposit etc and then couldn't deliver. Tried to get a second color (Blue) and it was wrecked in transit.Then all they could get me was a White one they had on the lot .... okay whatever, I walked.

The final dealership and the last I tried before I was going to give up on Ford all together was a hour away. They ended up being awesome! No games, exactly what I wanted and they delivered as promised.

Keep searching, good dealers are out there and the Exporer is worth the search, great SUV.

Lastly, I have to add, it is a shame so many Ford dealers have such horrible ethics and or customer relations. This was my first Ford and they came REALLY close to scaring me away. I came from VW's and Hondas, never experienced such poor customer relations before my Ex search. But, it worked out in the end.

I had a horrible buying experience from a dealership where they raise the price of the vehicle 3K after I already signed the paperwork (factory ordered), then told me to "call my lawyer" if I didn't like what they said.

I wondering if someone at Ford can get in touch with me (Crystal/Rebecca) as to who I can discuss my situation with?

I had a hard time finding my Sport also. Went through a few dealers who said everything was good only to have them sold away.

I didn't go crazy about it though, just kept looking and eventually found one with a moonroof, 402A, adaptive cruise for the price of a 402A sport.

Aaaannnddd.... This is where you lost me... Good luck.

Dink, what I was referring to there was that despite the fact that I live in AZ, I still have a NY state of mind, shall I say. If you lived in AZ, you'd know what I mean.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hear what you all are saying. It's just that I am a business owner too, and I could NEVER get away with treating my customers the way I have been treated. I rely on the public and my community to support me and in knowing that, present a good quality product at a fair price. It is like the kids are minding themselves at these dealerships. I just don't understand how they can get away with treating people like such garbage. The funny thing is too, that our businesses are in the same community and they know I come in contact with hundreds of people every day in our community. You'd think they would want to provide me with a stellar experience so that I could provide good PR for them. Now, I will make sure I tell as many people about this experience as I can get my hands on.

Back