00m12 Fix information.. (gaskets) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

00m12 Fix information.. (gaskets)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure he has, and if he hadn't insinuated that the Elite fee wasn't worthwhile that'd be fine. If he doesn't have the money thats fine too, you know we understand about things like that. Remember that nobody told him he needed to become elite or tried to sell him on anything, Howard simply informed him of the way it is and even reminded him he could link them from elsewhere.

As for a one day dispensation to post pics, while we're at it why don't we give away some ad space to people too? Remember Rick doesn't make any money off this site...it costs him money every month even with the revenues it brings in. Anyways how would that be fair to all the members who did find the $20 to pitch in? They earned the right to be able to post pics, and only they are going to be able to post pics.

Posting important info isn't a ticket to a free ride. As a moderator I'm given an Elite Explorer membership for free, but I paid for mine anyways. Plenty of people on here post important info every day, doesn't mean they should feel they're above the request to become elite. Memberships free, the least the freebies can do is not poo-poo the benefits of supporting the site.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stephen said:
Sure he has, and if he hadn't insinuated that the Elite fee wasn't worthwhile that'd be fine. If he doesn't have the money thats fine too, you know we understand about things like that.

As for a one day dispensation to post pics, while we're at it why don't we give away some ad space to people too? Remember Rick doesn't make any money off this site...it costs him money every month even with the revenues it brings in. Anyways how would that be fair to all the members who did find the $20 to pitch in? They earned the right to be able to post pics, and only they are going to be able to post pics.

Posting important info isn't a ticket to a free ride. As a moderator I'm given an Elite Explorer membership for free, but I paid for mine anyways. Plenty of people on here post important info every day, doesn't mean they should feel they're above the request to become elite. Memberships free, the least the freebies can do is not poo-poo the benefits of supporting the site.
Stephen
all he said was he would pass, I see no insinuations about the elite fee not being worthwhile nor did he poo poo (in your words) any benifits.
I just find it sad that at the very least he was not encouraged to link some pics to his project via another member or site.
sadley he will most likely never come back

spindlecone said:
Stephen
all he said was he would pass, I see no insinuations about the elite fee not being worthwhile nor did he poo poo (in your words) any benifits.

You must not know people the way...most people do. He didn't just say he'd pass. "I gotta pay $20 to be helpful? Pass". Come on.

Spindlecone said:
I just find it sad that at the very least he was not encouraged to link some pics to his project via another member or site.

He wasn't?

Howard said:
To post pics directly you need to become an elite member. Otherwise you can post links to the pics if they are on a web server.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Like I said before, and like I've said dozens and dozens of times, I have no problem with people that don't become Elite because they either can't afford it or even if they just don't want to. My problem is with people that cop an attitude or think we're trying to scam people over for reserving some benefits for members that choose to help support the site financially. If you don't want to do it, fine, but keep your feelings about it to yourself.

Obviously you're an Elite member, and we thank you for that so you're not part of the issue. I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

Hey guys could this problem be why my X is idleing really bad at start up on cold mornings? I had the codes pulled and it failed four codes. 2 of them was cylinders lean 1 of them was #1 cylinder miss firing and the other was something to do with the IAC. I changed the plugs and put a new IAC on it and that didnt fix it. I called the local dealer and the guy told me that this campain you guys are talking about wouldnt make the truck idle bad. My truck has 71,400 miles on it and he told me that they would cover this campain until 72000 miles. It is coming down to the wire here as far as milage/warrenty. The truck runs fine once it warms up its just really bad when it is cold. What do you guys think?

Stephen, you're barking up the wrong tree. http://s10planet.com/ That's my website. Paid for out of my own pocket. No ads, no revenue. Why? Because I feel like sharing my 24 years worth of hard won experience with other enthusiasts.

In other words, the mechanic profession has been very good to me and I feel like giving some back.

""I gotta pay $20 to be helpful? Pass". Come on.""

Misquote. "I gotta pay $20 to post pics?". That would be correct.

Have a nice day Stephen, I know I will.

See Spindle?

I looked at your site, its nice. I did notice that you do have a donation link and that you do only have 1800 members with 35,000 posts. This site has 42,000 members and 1,160,000 posts making it 2300% larger in membership and 3300% larger in stored threads than yours, as you might imagine it probably costs a slight bit more to run. When this site was the size of yours Rick footed the bill entirely too, but now the monthly expenses are what a mortgage payment is to most people. Nobody asked you to join or pay, we just asked you to understand and not to begrudge our attempts to help him recoup some of those expenditures.

Anyways, you don't have to pay $20 to post pics, you only have to pay $20 to use our bandwidth to host them, you're welcome to link to pics hosted on your site using the IMG tags. Many forums charge MUCH more than $20 for their advanced membership programs, and they curtail the things you can do as a free member far, far more than we do.

I hope you do have a wonderful day, I also hope you'll stick around because you're obviously a very knowledgeable fellow, just save the self righteous attitude for somewhere else.

Stephen said:
just save the self righteous attitude for somewhere else.

Me? :eek:

wooky.. get it done from the dealer under the recall before you hit 72,000 miles.. trust me it should fix your idle problem.. i have the same problem on cold morning and i'm about to go through with this but i have to do it myself since i'm over 72k..

and.. can't we all just get along?

gensic11 said:
and.. can't we all just get along?

"....No, No, I wanna play flame the newbie....."

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back