01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion | Page 32 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion

still got that basket hugh?

Yup, it's deer season and I need the bed back, so it's up there again. May stay through summer this time.

IMG_3689_zps2dbdfa7e.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

quick question for you guys. im new when it comes to sport tracs but ive been around lowering cars but not so much lifting. well my ques was would a rear end off a 99 ranger xlt fit an 01 st? cuz the ranger rear end is leaf over axle so wouldnt have to do any welding just new ubolts correct? if im wrong feel free to tell me so or if its a dumb idea i wont be heart broke. thanks in advance for any info

You can use a 8.8 from a '99 Ranger but will need to cut off the spring perches, find the correct pinion/ driveshaft angle then weld new perches on. The Rangers already have spring over but use springs that have a lot less arch in them then the ST's sprung under 8.8's do.

I could be wrong but I thought about doing this years ago and was told the same thing. RuffStuff sells the spring over perches and complete kit for pretty cheap. What are you planning on doing for the front lift or are you just leaving the front raked?

An SOA will gain you about 6" in the rear alone. But I have a feeling if you swapped an axle from a ranger you wouldn't get any lift over stock due to the weaker leaf springs that the rangers come with.

Lift help

Hey everyone out there just wanted to see if anyone in colorado has connections to help me with my sport trac body lift, i have a 2004 sport trac XLT with a 2 inch shackle and torsion twist, i have the performance accessories 3 inch body lift that i need to put on. Any, and all feedback is welcome so hit me back, and thanks. :D

There's a lot of members on here from Colorado, what part/ city are you from?

Stang5lgt has a shop out there and builds badass trucks, pm him and he should be able to help you out.

I just did the add a leaf and torsion twist over the weekend and everything I read said to get a front end alignment afterwards. I just got an alignment 3 weeks ago when I had new tires installed. Do I still need to get one or is this a better to be safe than sorry thing?

Yes, you changed the camber and suspension angle so if you want to save your new tires I would suggest getting one.

Ok. That's pretty much what I figured but I wanted to double check. Thanks.

Depending on where you got your alignment done most places warranty the alignment for up to a year, firestone has a lifetime alignment. When I put all new suspension, tires and wheels on mine at Goodyear I took it back six times within the first year and they aligned it free of charge (I bought the year alignment for $84) it paid for itself. I wheeled the rig and then would take it in to make sure it was still in alignment to save my tires.

Yeah, I called the place I had it done to make an appointment and they said they'd handle at no charge.

If I knew how much fun I'd be having with this thing, I would have bought one sooner!

OK, I did a search and nothing came up multiple times. Anyone used this? Seems pretty simple and offers up to a 3" lift.

Adrenaline XDC Series 3" Suspension lift kit 2002-2006 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac 4x4

http://www.adrenalinemotorsportsllc.com/adrenaline3suspensionliftkit2002-2006fordranger4x4.aspx

Yup, I did that was my first lift. Except I paid a lot less, had better shackles and didn't waste money on new keys. You didn't find anything in a search here because that's not really a legitimate lift kit or company. That's someone that put together cheap shackles, unnecessary torsion keys and put a $200 price tag on what could cost $75 with much better Warrior shackles. They also lie and tell you you'll gain 3" of wheel travel.

I'm also pretty certain the picture they used is of a member here and they did not use that kit and likely did not give permission for them to use that picture.

There is also no such thing as a 2006 Sport Trac and they left out the identical 2001.

I'm including their name here so Google might pick this up and save someone some money down the road: Adrenaline XDC Series 3" Suspension lift kit. When you see a banner like that at the top of a website, just know they're marketing to the "bro truck" crowd and quality parts are not a necessity in that market.

For the same lift at a cheaper price, read the beginning of this thread regarding Warrior shackles and a torsion twist.

Yup, I did that was my first lift. Except I paid a lot less, had better shackles and didn't waste money on new keys. You didn't find anything in a search here because that's not really a legitimate lift kit or company. That's someone that put together cheap shackles, unnecessary torsion keys and put a $200 price tag on what could cost $75 with much better Warrior shackles. They also lie and tell you you'll gain 3" of wheel travel.

I'm also pretty certain the picture they used is of a member here and they did not use that kit and likely did not give permission for them to use that picture.

There is also no such thing as a 2006 Sport Trac and they left out the identical 2001.

I'm including their name here so Google might pick this up and save someone some money down the road: Adrenaline XDC Series 3" Suspension lift kit. When you see a banner like that at the top of a website, just know they're marketing to the "bro truck" crowd and quality parts are not a necessity in that market.

For the same lift at a cheaper price, read the beginning of this thread regarding Warrior shackles and a torsion twist.

Thanks. And I thought that picture looked familiar. I've been reading up on torsion twist and I'm a bit weery with it. A lot of the things I'm reading says that it puts a lot of stress on your CV joints/axles.

Re-indexed keys do the same thing. Don't let the advertisements and those who bought into it fool you. The angle of the CVs is the issue and you'll get that with the stock keys or re-indexed keys.

You'll need part # 153 from Warrior.

Hey everyone out there just wanted to see if anyone in colorado has connections to help me with my sport trac body lift, i have a 2004 sport trac XLT with a 2 inch shackle and torsion twist, i have the performance accessories 3 inch body lift that i need to put on. Any, and all feedback is welcome so hit me back, and thanks. :D

Are you looking for a shop to install it or DIY?
If you are hands on it is not that bad to install

Maybe, not sure about all the equiptment needed to do the job i have a floor jackl and hand tools and a garage but no accsess to air tools. Probably need a couple of days to get the job done?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe, not sure about all the equiptment needed to do the job i have a floor jackl and hand tools and a garage but no accsess to air tools. Probably need a couple of days to get the job done?

I installed mine over a weekend without air tools but I did need a torch and a breaker bar with a few extensions. Aside from those the only thing I did not have that I had to run out and buy was a pipe wrench to hold the body mounts while removing the bolts

Back