• Register Today It's free!

01 Trac Bed Alignment

nc01trac

Reaction score
City, State
Mooresville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sporttrac
I think I remember seeing a post somewhere in which some had written the procedure for aligning the bed on the sporttrac. Mines a little out of wack and I'd like to straighten it out before I maybe put it up for sale.

btw, any ideas out there on when it's too late to sale a vehicle. I've got 116,000 on this ST but, it still runs well and all it's doing now is playing tow vehicle for our camping trips. Just pulled a 4,300Lb 23' TT 1,200 miles from Mooresville NC to Disney World and back. The truck did much better than I thought it would. I mostly maintained 62-65mph except through the sand hills in SC. Even ran 70 for a bit. Cold air and sea level is a blessing. I couldn't do that in August or in the mountains. Of course, the 11 - 12 mpg sucked the big one. Too bad they don't make a ST with a nice little diesel in it.

another thing, why can the folks in the wonderful state of NC pave a darn road smooth. i get sick of traveling to other states and riding on their smooth roads. i guess our gas tax isn't high enough!!

I just aligned mine, but there is nothing high-tech about the procedure. Just loosen the four Torx in the bed and the light plastic bed is easy to maneuver. Set your box front panel gap to the cab at 3/4" at both sides. Mark the center line of your backlite and box and align. That should do it.

If it's off by more than a half inch side to side, you'll know it 'cause the tires will rub the wheel well liners on a hard turn to one side or the other...

All this is assuming the cab is mounted straight and the frame is also straight.

Back