02 Mountaineer Lift and other. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

02 Mountaineer Lift and other.

08012009082.jpg

08012009083.jpg

i mounted the lights straight to the roof rack

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if u wanna come up to auburn...ill give ya some help on some of the install

Thanks Auburn fan ill look into that, ok well i got my lights mounted finally they look great. Well now I'm lookin to lift the truck, so far im lookin at about $600-$800 for everything, $200 for 3'' body lift and a lil over $300+ for 3" road bully spacers, and an extra 35 tire which is about $200, my bro has a set of 3, 35's BF Goodrich AT from his old truck that he MIGHT give me.

add another $550 to that price if you can find the 3/2.5 inch spacers. i put the 3/2.5 inch spacers on and ended up getting the upper arms also. what offset are the rims that youare gonna mount the 35s on? mine are neg. 28 offset and i still needed to trim but it wasn't too much to trim. its well worth it once you get it up in the air with the 35s under her. just don't be afraid to cut little by little. i used a ultra duty utility blade. the blades that are hooked for cutting carpet. then for the rear of the front fenders you will need a grinder to cut a small piece of metal and a tiny bit of fiberglass under there. if you have the rear AC in your mounty then be careful on the passanger side because there is an ac line running right bhind the fender.

i'm gonna try to find a fab shop on the east coast that will make lower arms but if not i'll be taking a vacation out west to get them done

Well idk what the offset is for the stock rim, im tryin to keep the stock rim. But as far as the upper and lower arms are they needed for both body lift and spacer?

it really depends the upper is just so you can get your alignment right. you will probably need wheel spacers with the stock wheels but i would give it a try. if i was home i would mount up my new 35s on the stock wheels but i'm not home so

**** there is so much more to gettin a lift and bigger tires then I thought, and its lookin like its gonna cost an arm and a leg just to be done right.

So how much have you spent in total everything needed for a lift? Body, spacers, tires, etc??

here is my parts run down.
spacers(used): 200
body lift (ebay i think): 220 shipped
upper arms:550 plus shipping
rims (went overboard and got 20s so 16 will be alot cheaper): 1450
35 inch mud grapplers:1300+shipping with hazard warranty
longer sway bar links for the front and rear:about 100

so i spent just about 3500-3800 for everything but i didn't exactly go the cheapest route.(tires and rims mainly)

i also just went ahead and did wheel bearing just for the hell of it. i figured i already had the front apart i might as well finish the passanger side up with a new wheel bearing.

the reason why RB doesn't sell the 3 inch spacers anymore is do to the fact that some vehicles had issues with them. its all up to you with what you wanna do but i might move down to 33s after my 2 sets of 35s are finished. if you do plan on using it for off roading then stick with 33s also. this will be the wifees vehicle when its finished so its to her liking

here is my parts run down.
spacers(used): 200
body lift (ebay i think): 220 shipped
upper arms:550 plus shipping
rims (went overboard and got 20s so 16 will be alot cheaper): 1450
35 inch mud grapplers:1300+shipping with hazard warranty
longer sway bar links for the front and rear:about 100

so i spent just about 3500-3800 for everything but i didn't exactly go the cheapest route.(tires and rims mainly)

i also just went ahead and did wheel bearing just for the hell of it. i figured i already had the front apart i might as well finish the passanger side up with a new wheel bearing.

the reason why RB doesn't sell the 3 inch spacers anymore is do to the fact that some vehicles had issues with them. its all up to you with what you wanna do but i might move down to 33s after my 2 sets of 35s are finished. if you do plan on using it for off roading then stick with 33s also. this will be the wifees vehicle when its finished so its to her liking

How do you like the upper arms and extended links?

i havn't driven it yet but my brother has put more then a few miles on it. he said its a little stiffer then stock but much better then before the control arms and links were added.

Well i guess minus the rims and 3 tires, and add on the wheel spacers and a single tire, there's no point in buyin more tires unless i really need to i already have 3 BF Goodrich that are 35's and just need to buy one more, I figured it to be about 700 for both body lift and suspension spacers and single tire. plus 550 more for the upper arms, longer sway bars 100. Wheel spacers are about 150 i think. So i'm lookin at about 1500. Plus i might have to take it to someone to help lift it and mount the tires and install everything. Not to mention i found out my year model vehicle chews through transmissions, which i can kinda feel slippin already.
BTW where'd you the spacers from used?
What size tires do you have under it in that picture

i got my spacers from an old member that isn't on the site anymore. i have th 35s mounted on 20 inch wheels in my aviator.

Where would be the best place to find the upper arms and sway bar links and wheel spacers?

wheelspacer= ebay just make sure they are hubcentric for explorers, sway bar links= i can't say where i got them on this site, and upper arms are from another guy on here that made them but he also got banned sooooo. its tough hahah

ah hell thanks for the help, and yeah it is tough, and it kinda sucks, well let me rephrase that it does suck tryin to find parts for 3rd gen mountys oh what size should i go with for the wheel spacer? 1" or 2"?

I think i might have found the sway bar links, not quit sure though, could you tell me if these are it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-SW...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

with the upper arms do i need to get longer upper arms, and same for the lower arms?

would this rancho quicklift work with a body lift?
http://www.offroadunlimited.com/orustore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=19561

the quicklifts should work with the mountaineers but they are definately not worth the money.

they aren't the same links. i didn't get them off ebay it was from another 3rd gen forum. i'd post the website but its blocked so.

you just need the upper arms not the lower arms. id like to get lower arms also made so i can bolt up a set of coilovers in the front

wheelspacer= ebay just make sure they are hubcentric for explorers, sway bar links= i can't say where i got them on this site, and upper arms are from another guy on here that made them but he also got banned sooooo. its tough hahah

Just so everyone knows what may/may not be going on: I am the one (I hope) that built your upper arms, I only built one set for Eric (the now banned member) If he claims to have built them, he either is lying, or copied my arms that I sold him.
The arms are still available through me, and Eric is not affiliated in any way with me and/or my small "shop" other than buying one pair of upper arms from me several months ago.

-Brandon-

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

brandon i'm trying to get pictures of the arms so you can try to tell if you built them or not. if you didn't built them then i will be ordering a set. its to risky to have something like that not built properly.

Back