02 side molding/flares plastic clips | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

02 side molding/flares plastic clips

hi all from sunny perth,west australia...my first post...i have like many ? ???others decided to paint the ugly gray and very much faded (its 41 c here today) side moldings and flares on my beloved 02 xlt explorer...i removed them yesterday after much teach yourself to find that they are held on with a multitude of plastic clips of which most broke...i contacted my local ford stealership who quoted me around $5 big ones each...ouch...with about 20 on each side it going to be a real expensive project...would any aussie members know of a supplier in oz.. perth if poss or would any of you american boys know of a supplier..has any one come across this before..perhaps some one stateside does a complete kit ????...i start painting the moldings and flares tomorrow..wish me luck..oh that useless piece of crap rear plastic cover over the rear window..yes mine has cracked and been put in the skip bin...i have outwitted henry and custom made a feature of the window without the rear cover...gets lots of comments...now im a member will post some pics soon...hope the hear (read ) some good news on my request..thanks all...........................

Back