02 Sport Center Console | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

02 Sport Center Console

02exp

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
02expsprt
I just bought a used 2002 Explorer Sport it came with the "Soft Bag" Center Console and I want a proper "hard sided" console I have tried to fit the Center Console from my 1992 Explorer Sport but it doesn't fit quite properly because the 02 doesn't have the rear seat heat duct like the 92 has. It is also a lighter shade of grey. What year of Explorers have a "hard sided" Center Console that will fit, and color match, a 2002 Explorer Sport with the grey interior? I should also add that this truck has a manual transmission and does not have the Center Console that extends to the dashboard.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

Let me know what you come up with. I was looking to do the same thing.

Volcom405

I have reason to believe that the console from a Ranger STX might work. I've looked at these and it looks like they are the same as the earlier Explorers, but without the recess underneath to clear the rear seat heater duct. There even seems to be a possibility that they would be the correct shade of grey. I would prefer not to have to buy a new one from Ford, although it may be possible just to buy the main portion of the body and the compartment lid and then and add the other pieces, cupholder and armrest, from the existing console. Iv'e been looking, but I haven't managed to find one on Ebay yet. If anyone else out there knows anything about this chime in. These might also fit Explorer Sport Trac's, with the standard transmission.

you should check in the other section. They might know more.
For Sport Trac and Sport models use the 1995-2001 forum.
Unfortunately we're not the best group to ask about sports and sport tracks.
You might find more knowledgeable guys about that topic there.
Welcome aboard though!! :thumbsup:

Ben

Back