'02 Sport Seat Swap options.

rolleye

It's a disease I tell ya
Reaction score
City, State
Calgary AB, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Sport - Playne Jayne
I have been searching and looking and have not found an answer yet.

My Sport came with cloth seats - in good condition really, but I am looking to get a heated seat variety for my tender toushie ...

I think that 01-03 Sports had a leather heated seat option but it's hard to find - at least up here - that vintage Sports being parted out or wrecked.

I am wondering in any newer/older seats might be adapted - need the front flip ability to get to the back seats in the 2 door - maybe from a limited or a Sport Trac...

Some one one on chat - don't remember who - posted that the "mechanism" from my seats needs to be swapped. I understand that some wiring is probably required as well but I am OK with that.

I don't mid doing some swap work but would like to keep the madness to a minimum.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

My Sport came with cloth seats - in good condition really, but I am looking to get a heated seat variety for my tender toushie ...
I've driven a few cars with heated leather seats and I personally think cloth seats are the way to go. The heater on leather seats take a few minutes before you actually begin to feel any heat and by that time, you would've been as warm with cloth seats.

When you first sit down on the leather seat, you can feel the leather soaking up your body heat - its like sitting down on a piece of cold marble. This experience is significantly less severe with cloth seats.

I have been searching and looking and have not found an answer yet.

I think that 01-03 Sports had a leather heated seat option but it's hard to find - at least up here - that vintage Sports being parted out or wrecked.

I am wondering in any newer/older seats might be adapted - need the front flip ability to get to the back seats in the 2 door - maybe from a limited or a Sport Trac...

Some one one on chat - don't remember who - posted that the "mechanism" from my seats needs to be swapped. I understand that some wiring is probably required as well but I am OK with that.

I don't mid doing some swap work but would like to keep the madness to a minimum.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Hello,

I cannot help you with your seat question, but if you do end up replacing your seats, I may be interested in them for my 02 Sport, especially the drivers seat. On mine, the foam has given out. I am near Minneapolis MN, so I am not sure how shipping would work out.

Just keep it in mind, also, I may find some other replacements. E-mail me if you are interested.

Thanks

Hello,

I cannot help you with your seat question, but if you do end up replacing your seats, I may be interested in them for my 02 Sport, especially the drivers seat. On mine, the foam has given out. I am near Minneapolis MN, so I am not sure how shipping would work out.

Just keep it in mind, also, I may find some other replacements. E-mail me if you are interested.

Thanks

My seat search is going slowly...

I will keep you in mind if I am able to fine some leather ones for myself.

Back