• Register Today It's free!

03 2wd 7 inch lift update

Chino Soria

Reaction score
City, State
Seven Springs, North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Sport Trac XLT
So I Have a 03 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2wd with 7 inch lift. I originally just had a TT tightened all the way up and ran 285/75/16 on the stock wheels and had minor scrub issues. About a year later (about 2 months ago) I purchased a 4 inch spindle lift and Rancho Shocks to lift the front end more which was exciting when I purchased it until I had to install. The instructions for the spindle lift said to cut off part of the control arm which I felt was unsafe so I just Die Grinded the lip down so I wouldn't have to cut the lip off. The front wheels where then tilting inward really badly basically like at this angle / \ I went to get an alignment at the only guy in town who could do the alignment to my truck and even he couldn't fix the tilt so I lowered the TT a bit. I bought 20x12 Brute Reapers and ran 35/12.50 Federal Couragias. About a month into the Lift and new wheels and tires the Bearing and Rotor on the Driver side broke and made tears on the spindle lift. I stopped driving my truck for about a month (last month) until yesterday that I went to warranty swap my broken parts at Autozone and I sanded down the tears on the spindle and 3 hours into the truck running again the WHOLE ENTIRE ROTOR, SPACER, WHEEL, AND TIRE CAME OFF THE TRUCK GOING 45 MPH. The only thing left on the truck was the spindle, broken caliper and the messed up bearings stuck on the spindle. Any ideas on how I can get that driver side to stop messing up or what's causing the mess up?
Here are some pictures of the truck with everything on https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...72857.100001866476426&source=44&ref=bookmarks

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...1866476426&set=gm.10154406309539928&source=48

Truck looks good but you're gonna need to drop it down (TT) some to quit breaking stuff. Mines a 4x4 and I ran 35s with just 5" of lift (2" TT/shackles, 3" BL) without issue for a year or 2 before doing the SAS.

Truck looks good but you're gonna need to drop it down (TT) some to quit breaking stuff. Mines a 4x4 and I ran 35s with just 5" of lift (2" TT/shackles, 3" BL) without issue for a year or 2 before doing the SAS.
That's the thing I already turned it down after I broke the bearings and about a few days ago I fixed it and the wheel came off but I think I figured out why. The spindle is actually bent from what I saw the next morning that I checked it out.

Back