• Register Today It's free!

03 4.0 AWD ffv XLT engine swap.

russ5150

Reaction score
City, State
BUENA VISTA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer XLT
I currently have a 2003 all wheel drive XLT trim package flex fuel vehicle. It has 273,000 miles on it the engine has already been swapped once but I'm looking to replace the engine in about a year. I don't know how many miles are on this engine that was swapped in. Seems to run strong but I'd like something with your miles. Everything works fine I'm going to do a 4 l swap and my question is with the chip keys and fobs and all that do I need to find a donor engine and use my ECM or the ECM with that engine. I've never done this before so I'm going to have someone do it that knows what the hell they're doing obviously.

I currently have a 2003 all wheel drive XLT trim package flex fuel vehicle. It has 273,000 miles on it the engine has already been swapped once but I'm looking to replace the engine in about a year. I don't know how many miles are on this engine that was swapped in. Seems to run strong but I'd like something with your miles. Everything works fine I'm going to do a 4 l swap and my question is with the chip keys and fobs and all that do I need to find a donor engine and use my ECM or the ECM with that engine. I've never done this before so I'm going to have someone do it that knows what the hell they're doing obviously.
if youre just dropping another sohc in youbdont need new keys fobs etc hust drop it in and go! if it was seapping to the 4.6 then youd need new modules but sohc to sohc is fine

Back