• Register Today It's free!

03 Sport 4x4 Ram Air Kit

03voodooXLT

Reaction score
City, State
memphis, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport XLT
:cool:I have a 03 ford explorer sport with a basic intake kit. I wish to upgrade to a ram air kit. I saw a guy ridin down the street with the ramair/shaker hood kit and got instantly jelious. Sounded great. Looked bad ass. AND I WANT ONE. If anyone has installed one or is planning on getting one let me know how it turns out. I would really like a pic if anyone has one of an installed kit.
Thanx 4 Your Time

That would be terribly difficult to do neatly... The stock intake path starts in the front corner of the hood. Trying to relocate the air filter, PCV hoses, and MAF sensor to the top of the engine, not to mention that the throttle body is pointed forward, so that would have to be either in front of that, or it would have to re-route the air through the ram, filter, and then push it back out front of the motor to come through the TB... IMHO, it's not going to work easily, like it does sucking through a round filter into a 4bbl carb.

-Joe

Alot of late model ram air hoods have ducking built into the hood that routes the air to the corner and there is a dump down, that is gasketed to the air box.

'Ducting,' maybe? Adding five feet of ducting isn't going to help off-the-line performance at all, and I would be shocked if it offset the ram-air benefits at speed.

-Joe

Back