"03 Sport" Torsion Crank + Rear shackles | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"03 Sport" Torsion Crank + Rear shackles

Dave02EX

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 xlt sport
Looking to crank the Torsion bars on my 03 sport and adding a set of lift shackles to the rear along with an 1" block and new shocks at all 4 corners

truck currently has 255's under it without any issues, Whats the largest
tire i'll fit under it with torsion crank + rear shackles? 32-33's???

I dont want rubbage

thanks
Dave

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can't use a block to lower an Explorer. Explorers have the spring under the axle. If you install a 1" block you will lower it not raise it.

You should be able to use Add-A-Leafs as your Sport should have multi-leaf springs instead of mono-leafs used on earlier models.

i thought 3rd gens were IRS?

thanks

Thanks Dan

Ya i forgot about the leaf under deal, Seeing the rear end of my EX already sits low from the factory, Do you think warrior shackles + an add a leaf would be over kill for the rear? that along with a twist of the bars up front. Id like to get 32's under it if i could without any issues

thanks
Dave

you should be ok..you may have a bit of rake..seeing as thats 2" of lift up front and 3" in the rear.

sounds like a good idea but ull get more feedback if u refer to the 1995-2001 explorers forum... thats the platforum of your sport

Back