• Register Today It's free!

Rear shackle lift

99Xproblems

Reaction score
City, State
eagle
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 explorer sport
doing a rear shackle lift and torsion bar lift to fit 31s. Ordered belltech 6400 shackles but look to be a different style? Any advice on this lift? Need 2 inches of clearance to fit my tires

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

doing a rear shackle lift and torsion bar lift to fit 31s. Ordered belltech 6400 shackles but look to be a different style? Any advice on this lift? Need 2 inches of clearance to fit my tires

Warrior Shackles 153 seem to be most peoples first choice. They say 2" is the pair I plan to get soon.

Link - Warrior Shackles

Edit- Looked at the Belltech, looks like you need to knock the bushing out of the leafspring for those to work? I do not think those install on a 4-door setup.

I have eBay shackles on mine, and they're fine. Could quality be better? Sure, but for $40 it cleared the massive 20" wheels with 275/60 tires that I just finally took off the truck. I may remove them and lower the front back down (PO lifted it, I assume to clear the tires) since it looks a little weird with 16" 4th gen Explorer wheels and standard tires. Option 2 would be larger tires to fill in the gap.

Stupid easy to make them your self as well, buy new bolts from hardware store.

measurements-jpg.jpg

I used 1cm (0.39") thick material, which is quite the overkill, could probably use half of that.
and because i used too thick material i had to buy longer bolts (oem wouldn't do anymore).

Below picture of too short bolts and installation with bottle jack, i later added longer bolts and bolts to all of the holes to increase rigidity.

img_20190712_175513-jpg.jpg

Back