04 Limited rims on an 03 XLS. What do you think? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

04 Limited rims on an 03 XLS. What do you think?

RichCresci

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLS, 06 Mounty
I got a set of 04 Limited rims for a decent price, with tires. Not sure if I like em though. Let me know what you think.

0123011241.jpg

0123011242.jpg

0123011241a.jpg

0123011243c.jpg

0123011242a.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like 'em.

I'm not sure how I feel about them yet.

I do like the rims, Rich. I think what's sticking is all of the black plastic on the XLS model maybe? :dunno:

Yeah that might be it. I might go back to my stockers. Anyone wanna buy some rims? haha

I like them alot. The black trim on it makes them pop and looks good with the black centercap on the rim.

If you're not to keen on the look you could try painting them black? Just a thought, 'cause I reckon they look alright.

I like em, the silver and black make em look good.

looks good man

me likey

I do like the rims, Rich. I think what's sticking is all of the black plastic on the XLS model maybe? :dunno:

Love the rims... but I think you nailed it. We're not used to seeing those rims with different color trim.

I got a deal on the same rims with tires. $400, I could not loose, plus I was looking for this type of rim too. I dont have any trim on mine.

Before
1ExplorerWheelsBefore.jpg

After
2ExplorerWheelsAfter.jpg

Curtis, They look much more factory on yours. They blend nicer if you know what I mean. It definitely is weird because it's an XLS, But I think the trim does kind of make them pop. I think they'll look a lot nicer after I dye my trim again. But that has to wait until the spring.

Curtis, They look much more factory on yours. They blend nicer if you know what I mean. It definitely is weird because it's an XLS, But I think the trim does kind of make them pop. I think they'll look a lot nicer after I dye my trim again. But that has to wait until the spring.

Thanks man...But the more I look at your pictures, the more I like them on your truck.
Would not be any different if you went and got some aftermarket 5 spoke polished wheels... but with these your center caps match the truck and they're factory.
I say keep em!:D

Id love a set of these on mine or even the gen 4 limited rims.

I like the wheels and think they look good on your truck but I think aftermarket would look better. I have the same wheels on my '04 Limited. Some days I like them and other days I wish I had something else. You know... If I were in your position I would not be upset that I bought them.

Edit: Just wanted to add the third shot is my favorite angle for this set. They look really good there.

Back