04 Sport Trac Bed Tent | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

04 Sport Trac Bed Tent

RBRoAB

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Sport Trac
I have an 04 Sport Trac and we've taken it camping every year.
What I'd like to get is one of those truck bed tents.

I've seen a few; one where you can leave the tent at the site and then back in and the tent covers the bed. And another that is just for the bed of the truck.

Anything like this for a Sport Trac? Or anyone have any experience with things like this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There was one for just the bed but it is discontinued and I've only found them for sale when they occasionally pop up on forums used.

I've seen a few "universal" ones. Not just Sport Trac made. I'm wondering how those would hold up.

The one I'm talking about was specific to the Sport Trac. You can find a little info about it on mysporttrac.com.

I nearly bought a universal one last year but just decided a ground tent was more practical for me. I had a thread on here about the one I was considering and it looked to be close. Couldn't say about the durability but they appeared well made and reviews were overall positive.

Thanks for the info. Looks the the Sport Trac specific one is a bit small for what we'll need. Though it does look like fun.

Anyone have experience with the ground tents that form to the vehicle?

Back